GDT: Leafs at NYI - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
You’re the GM of this team.
Watching this game tonight, what would you add? The biggest area(s) of help.
And would your next move be to add an 11 million dollar winger?
I'd reflect and admit that half the cap on 4 forwards probably wasn't the smartest decision. And I'd realize one of them should have been traded before they all strong-armed me into overpayments, thus decreasing their trade value.

Then I would trade one of them for scraps compared to what I could have gotten for them last year, and attempt to fix the D/goalie situation.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I dont think Barrie has made any difference this game. The fact he has done less damage than most games doesnt make me feel better.
Not saying he's been good.

Just saying that Muzzin's turned into a bit of a darling of sorts around here thanks to his physical play, when he makes mistakes the blame is being relegated to Barrie because he's the new whipping boy.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I don’t really care about islanders fans. I was just pointing out that there was a reason the fans booed phaneuf
So what are we arguing about? I was calling out some of the leaf fans here for their hypocrisy. If you're not one of them, then we're arguing nothing.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Your post was good until you took a shot at the GM for no reason.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Yes, both the defenseman shouldn't have bailed out and left Kerfoot and Andersen on their own either

This team isn't particularly smart
They're going to get chances, that's hockey. I'll take a low percentage crap backhand "chance" if that's the best they get.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Oh c'mon man......they have looked damn good overall.

They may still win the game but will still feel like a loss

Tavares gets head shot and blind sided and nobody does anything. That's your captain and a star in this league

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Barrie I still can't see what he brangs that we need right now.... we got the puck movers etc, pp d-guys in rielly, barrie doesn't even show many times on the pp cause the first one starts (naturally).

We needs that one thug under God. Also a firmer twerker instead of soft barrie who doesn't have even his identity with us yet. Hope he gets better, but mayne.... he played a different game in colorado, much open and flying with that dirt more.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
No. And I don't really even care.

I'm calling out leaf fans who are so critical in this thread of Islanders fans and saying things like "get over it." This coming from a fanbase that still boos their former captain 5 years later for literally no reason.

Get over it.

Reactions: Sniper99

Mar 26, 2010
Aside from a few games, our goaltending has been awful this season.

This one is on Andersen. Get your head in the game.
Andersen is trash. Yes I said it. He is the Most inconsistent goalie in the nhl. Sure, he had a good game the other night, but follows that up with 10 bad ones.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Barrie I still can't see what he brangs that we need right now.... we got the puck movers etc, pp d-guys in rielly, barrie doesn't even show many times on the pp cause the first one starts (naturally).

We needs that one thug under God. Also a firmer twerker instead of soft barrie who doesn't have even his identity with us yet. Hope he gets better, but mayne.... he played a different game in colorado, much open and flying with that dirt more.

Under god is the main thing.

Can't have no atheist thugs, just ain't the same. I feel you brother.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Not saying he's been good.

Just saying that Muzzin's turned into a bit of a darling of sorts around here thanks to his physical play, when he makes mistakes the blame is being relegated to Barrie because he's the new whipping boy.
When you are dying of thirst in a desert of softness, a bit of moisture....even though it is dirty, is much appreciated. I get your point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad