GDT: Leafs at NYI - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownLeafer

From Toronto to Chicago
Dec 26, 2011
Chicago, IL
To avoid any further disappointment, I consider this season a lost cause already.

Looking forward already to being disappointed by Team Canada at the Spengler Cup, World Juniors etc.

That's bleak. Although I don't blame you after watching this game, everything seems negative lol

Reactions: Al14

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
This season so far:

Our PP sucks
Our PK sucks
Average to below average goaltending
Poor defensive team
Neanderthal coach

It's a recipe for a long uninspiring season.

Let's see what Dubas does to help right the ship.

Yeah it's pretty bad lol.

This team has some serious warts. Toughness is probably the most obvious. I've also questioned how mentally fragile they are for awhile now.

That said, I don't understand how you can cool at the special teams and not think there needs to be a drastic change in coaching at the very least. The special teams has arguably cost the team the past two playoffs and is by far their biggest black eye this season.

Im not saying there shouldn't be a change in personnel as well, but geez, I'm sick of watching this team get burned on the PK while doing nothing on the same crappy PP.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Well to be fair, that's the only line caused any ruckus.

What he should do is change some players around. Put Tavares and Mattews together and double shift Auston

I mean you know, to get a goal or get something going

Matthews+Tavares together to get a goal is smart coach move like Sully with the pens when he puts Crosby+Malkin together to get goals when they are trailing;

babock wouldn't know a smart coaching move if it was sitting on his face

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Struggling to produce at 5on5? Sure.
But playing "real bad"? I don't think so.
Are you talking about Marner? As he has been a mess defensively while putting up poor offensive numbers at 5 on 5. From the exceptionally high standard I have for Marner he has been real bad this year.

Edit: pretty much the whole team has been a mess defensively this year.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Yeah it's amazing that Babcock still has ours so god damn stationary. It's insane.

Ofcourse. Everybody has adapted and figured him out by now. Matthews cant even shoot and Marner cant pass cause there its a book on beating the leafs under Babcock.

He was a Coach in the 90's when internet was dialip and teams had to watch video replay on VCR... VCR...
Every team has a mp4 of the leafs playing basic grade schools X and Os

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad