GDT: Leafs at NYI - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
This team can't play a consistent 60 minutes, and it is because the players won't put in 60 minutes of work. Babs is far from perfect, but I don't see how the opposite of him in a coddling player-friendly coach is going to get it either. This team just strikes me as mentally weak.

Reactions: Glacious

Mar 26, 2010
Trading that 1st round pick to dump Marleau...

looks like that pick will be a good one.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Hyman has more ice time than Matthews? What the **** no matter we're losing.
Imagine how much ice time he’ll be getting after a few games back in the lineup. He’s been out for almost a year, in what world is it a good idea to put him on the ice that much? It seems like common sense to ease him back into play.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
For those of you that think the Leafs have speed and skill.....no....
Cizikas has speed and he knows how to use to play hockey.....

Reactions: nyijedi

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I understand you want and really do need to show a "never quit attitude" and pull the goalie. But maybe just keep the tender in there for the last 3 minutes to say there's no point in trying if the players are going to be gutless

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
With softer, skilled players, it's sometimes hard to see when they're not passionate about things.

But they're emotionally out of it.

Prediction, it will take missing the playoffs and it will be enough of an excuse that Babcock is fired.
I wouldn't mind...draft that defender from Erie everyone is talking about, ufas at deadline and get real next year

I never took this years teams serious, defence isn't much better then last year

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
Barrie is a trainwreck

Him and Ceci have been brutal for most of this season so far. Scary thing is that they play pretty big minutes so we're kinda screwed. And of course Rielly hasn't looked good either which is mostly Ceci's fault as he is so often out of position, gets confused very easily, wrong decisions made, etc.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
This team can't play a consistent 60 minutes, and it is because the players won't put in 60 minutes of work. Babs is far from perfect, but I don't see how the opposite of him in a coddling player-friendly coach is going to get it either. This team just strikes me as mentally weak.
We're not asking for the players to be coddled. We're asking the coach to use systems that play to our strengths and switch up the specialty teams.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Lol going to the bench for fist bumps after that goal. Go to center ice and drop the puck you f***ing scrubs

f***ing pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->