Pre-Game Talk: Leafs at Ducks Nov. 28th 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This
I want to see a bench brawl with Clifford , Simmonds and Ritchie lol
This is very possible milord, since sire ritchie finna thug that thang up against his old gangsta team. For the first time sire. Hard. Still looking a smart human being on the bench!! What!!!!!! :clap:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I refuse to believe Justin Holl is responsible for an 11 goal increase in offensive production

That part of the sample does have four more games in it. The GA is the number that stood out to me. A -1 rating for a d-man averaging 20 minutes a game and having no points certainly isn't great. It is at least improving from where it was during that rough start and indicates that he can be placed on the ice with the point producers despite not producing his own share.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Judging on how a D looks is not how they are graded.

Since Holl was re-inserted in the lineup, the Leafs are 8-1 with 28 GF and 11 GA - in 9 games. When Holl was sitting, the Leafs went 4-1 with 17GF and 12GA.

The reality is, the Leafs are a better team with Holl in the lineup than someone else in his place.

Lol, just imagine this is how you judge a specific players impact on the game.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
So you want him in the line up, other than say if Simmonds goes down?

I'll have him in the lineup whenever. It's literally a 4th line role that barely sees the ice. He's not someone who puts up a lot of points but neither is Engvall really. He can skate, he finishes his checks and he's not exactly a liability out there in a limited role. Don't get me wrong, I do like Engvall and have for a while but I just think that take was bad considering we've never even seen Clifford play this year.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I'll have him in the lineup whenever. It's literally a 4th line role that barely sees the ice. He's not someone who puts up a lot of points but neither is Engvall really. He can skate, he finishes his checks and he's not exactly a liability out there in a limited role. Don't get me wrong, I do like Engvall and have for a while but I just think that take was bad considering we've never even seen Clifford play this year.

Ok fair enough. I just see him as someone who was brought in to fill a need for toughness. My comment wasn't so much a slight on him, but I would rather see Semyonov get some more looks.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Side bar …..

upload_2021-11-27_19-54-4.png

pretty good night for x Leafs …. Says a lot about our organization and drafting and management
Way to go all around
One thing I’ve mostly disliked about our franchise over the years , especially during those effin Ballard years , is our minor league / developmental side .
Over all since Shanahan has taken over , we certainly have done a pretty good job at making professional hockey players and pros and seemingly good quality people .
Kudos to Shanny , Dubas , and everyone involved……

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Ok fair enough. I just see him as someone who was brought in to fill a need for toughness. My comment wasn't so much a slight on him, but I would rather see Semyonov get some more looks.

I'd like to see more Semyonov too. It's the problem we now have with having quite a bit of depth but I guess it's also a good problem to have. It's just now we actually have a mix of those more skilled guys and the guys who bring a physical presence. I've never really liked in the past us using skilled guys on the 4th line when they are only playing 5-10 minutes a games (depends if they play on special teams). They need more room for error and being lucky to get 3 or 4 shifts a period doesn't really get the best results from these kinds of players. At least guys like Clifford can do what they do and get the crowd into the game and try and get us some kind of momentum like that. Clifford probably only got in the lineup because it was Simmonds that got the little promotion up to the 3rd line which he has earned imo with his play.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Because Seattle actually beat the Panthers which I certainly wasn't expecting the Leafs can take over 1st in the Atlantic if they get a point tomorrow

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
This will be one of the toughest forward groups we've seen in a long, long time. Ritchie,Simmonds,Clifford all set to go tomorrow night for the buds. Hoping for some real energy out of this grouping

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
This will be one of the toughest forward groups we've seen in a long, long time. Ritchie,Simmonds,Clifford all set to go tomorrow night for the buds. Hoping for some real energy out of this grouping
All we need now is Colton Orr and big Mac
Seriously , loving that we are a tougher team collectively….

Reactions: tokyoite
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad