Pre-Game Talk: Leafs at Devils 7pm Sun - and on Sunday, Bernier rose from his injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If there is a positive in any of this at all:

If the Leafs make the playoffs they will be a hot team going in.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
So essentially, you would rather the Leafs take their time with Bernier and miss the playoffs as a result rather than actually make the playoffs and go from there? Oh boy... It's been reported that he is being held out as a precaution, which means most likely that he is fine but the Leafs want to give him more time.

I'm looking at it from a long term perspective. Groin injuries for a goalie are one of the worst injuries they can have. If Bernier is ready then I say go for it. But I just don't want him to re-injure it to the point where it would be a lot worse.

That would suck.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If anyone believes in faith take this for what it's worth.

The last time Toronto had lost 4 straight games this season they broke that streak against the Devils, on a Sunday night and went onto to win six games in a row.

So what are the chances that same history repeats itself starting tomorrow night?

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011

The last time Toronto had lost 4 straight games this season they broke that streak against the Devils, on a Sunday night and went onto to win six games in a row.

So what are the chances that same history repeats itself starting tomorrow night?

I believe it. The Devils are awful this year.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
This week is huge.... If we can beat the blues, it will make up for a loss here tonite! but enough of getting ahead of myself we should win tomorrow against the devils... and if we dont all hope is truly lost.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Just such a tough schedule lately.

That brutal California road trip (that we actually navigated pretty well).

Then all the way back east on the road vs. Washington.

Then back-to-back in two cities, @ Detroit and vs. Tampa Bay (with Tampa lying in wait).

Another home date vs. Montreal but then right back to the road for a back to back vs. NJ.

Then back home for a tough one against St.L.

Then right back to the road vs. Philly.

I'm not normally one to complain about scheduling, but that's nuts.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Wolves or not, Bernier should play the Blues game. It's better to lose knowing you iced your best line up than to see Reimer play one extra second than he should.

Tomorrow better be Reimer's last game as a Leaf. Win or lose.

screw that -today should be.
Put in MacIntyre.

I'd rather be mad at the leafs because they played like crap defensively [per usual] than they played like they did tonight and lost because Reimer can't stop a puck if there was a gun to his head.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Yup

We lost against the Rangers-Islanders-Carolina-Washington, played NJ on the sunday, won (in a shootout I doth believe) and then peeled off 6 in a row.

I think the # for us to make the playoffs was 6-5 (including tonight.) well we're down 1. so there's still a chance.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I hope we lose! Only way changes are going to be made in the off season.

#FireCarlyle #FireNonis

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton

reimer-5.jpg

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yup

We lost against the Rangers-Islanders-Carolina-Washington, played NJ on the sunday, won (in a shootout I doth believe) and then peeled off 6 in a row.
Let's just hope the Leafs don't get a goal taken away because of JVR standing the crease of the Goalie. That's what happened the last time they played New Jersey, so that game never should have went to the shootout and the Leafs should have had one more ROW in the books. So let's hope if there is a tie breaker that doesn't come back to bite them.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Leafs should play down to the Devils slow and boring level and limit mistakes. If they fail to get get a point there is a realistic chance they're on the outside looking in as early as tomorrow

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Leafs should play down to the Devils slow and boring level and limit mistakes. If they fail to get get a point there is a realistic chance they're on the outside looking in as early as tomorrow

The last time the Leafs did that, they were eliminated from the playoffs in a meltdown fashion :laugh:.

Seriously, I don't think this team is capable of limiting mistakes.

leafstilldeath*

we have to win 7 out of 10 games to make the playoffs lol.

I want to BeLeaf but its getting harder and harder with every passing day

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012

Doesn't that go for Washington, Detroit(who faces us) and columbus?

gonna be neck and neck, any team around us will need 5-7 wins, and none of these teams are that great honestly including us with our defense.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
So essentially, you would rather the Leafs take their time with Bernier and miss the playoffs as a result rather than actually make the playoffs and go from there? Oh boy... It's been reported that he is being held out as a precaution, which means most likely that he is fine but the Leafs want to give him more time.

on a groin pull?

you do know that if it's not properly healed, it's weaker, and especially with someone like bernier, this gets stressed alot. so you are asking the leafs to basically risk his career.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas

i don't think the leafs are in control of their playoff destiny anymore.

as detriot and columbus have better points percentages and ROW. even washington is now only 1 point back.

Mar 26, 2010
Leafs will lose. No question about it.

Even if a Bernier plays, they still lose.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
i don't think the leafs are in control of their playoff destiny anymore.

as detriot and columbus have better points percentages and ROW. even washington is now only 1 point back.

We do face detroit again though, so we definitely have at least partial control.

basically we lose tomorrow and it's completely in the other teams hands.

But just like us, Wash has had terrible losing streaks too and has played terribly, Columbus is pretty mediocre and detroit is made up of AHL players, so to say they have a much better chance than us is reaching.

But seriously play Macintyre tomorrow, Reimer is practically sabotaging us at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad