Pre-Game Talk: Leafs at Devils 7pm Sun - and on Sunday, Bernier rose from his injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Dear Bernier, who art on Day-to-Day, hallowed be thy name
Thy glove hand come,
Clutch saves will be done, on gameday as it is expected
Give us this Sunday our must-win 2 points,
and forgive us our defensive lapses,
as we (maybe) forgive Reimer who trespass against us.
And lead us not into 9th place
but deliver us from the bubble. Amen

Please win

EDIT: looks like I'm praying for a miracle, no Bernier tomorrow :(

Also, I talked to the Stig and he's agreed to let me do the GDT thread tomorrow, I got some stuff in the works

Last edited:

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I don't even know what to think anymore. I'm at the point where I'm just expecting this 18-wheeler to continue its free fall.

Bluejaysfan*

If Bernier is good to go but the Leafs still want to remain cautious...I have no words for this team and they deserve to miss the playoffs and get a useless draft pick.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Honestly, tonight's game has really turned me off from going to this game. Like I don't even wanna give the Devils money to watch the Leafs lose.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Please play MacIntyre if Bernier isn't ready.

I'd much rather have a wild card in net who can go either way than knowing that Reimer will suck.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Might as well play the Marlies guy. No reason to play Reimer while he's performing like this. Not going to get any chacne to win out of it.

Bluejaysfan*

If Bernier isn't playing tomorrow, they probably won't play him vs the Blues either. Why throw him into the wolves like that. The Leafs precautionary strategy with Bernier is going to cost them a playoff spot. What did Leaf fans ever do to deserve the BS that we have to deal with when cheering for the Leafs.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
If Bernier isn't playing tomorrow, they probably won't play him vs the Blues either. Why throw him into the wolves like that. The Leafs precautionary strategy with Bernier is going to cost them a playoff spot. What did Leaf fans ever do to deserve the BS that we have to deal with when cheering for the Leafs.

If the Leafs rush him back and he re-injures his groin AND the Leafs make the playoffs? Oh boy, we will get thrashed.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Wolves or not, Bernier should play the Blues game. It's better to lose knowing you iced your best line up than to see Reimer play one extra second than he should.

Tomorrow better be Reimer's last game as a Leaf. Win or lose.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Dear Bernier, who art on Day-to-Day, hallowed be thy name
Thy glove hand come,
Clutch saves will be done, on gameday as it is expected
Give us this Sunday our must-win 2 points,
and forgive us our defensive lapses,
as we (maybe) forgive Reimer who trespass against us.
And lead us not into 9th place
but deliver us from the bubble. Amen

Please win

EDIT: looks like I'm praying for a miracle, no Bernier tomorrow :(

This instantly cheered me up!

Thank you!! :)

Bluejaysfan*

If the Leafs rush him back and he re-injures his groin AND the Leafs make the playoffs? Oh boy, we will get thrashed.

So essentially, you would rather the Leafs take their time with Bernier and miss the playoffs as a result rather than actually make the playoffs and go from there? Oh boy... It's been reported that he is being held out as a precaution, which means most likely that he is fine but the Leafs want to give him more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad