Post-Game Talk: Leafs are not in the ariZONEa

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
There's no way Matthews is just in a slump.
Compared to his early season form before injury to now, completely different person.

I barely notice him on the ice anymore and the only times I do is usually for something negative.

Just take a break.

I notice him. He’s just ripping off low percentage shots and trying to dangle out of a phone booth and making soft plays with the puck when he needs to be powering through or showing some playmaking versatility.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Why werent they booing gardiner tonight?

Also someone explain some of the coaching decisions tonight

He is picking flowers on the IR.

Day to Day.

upload_2019-1-20_21-36-32.png

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
No Gardiner to blame today

Empty net and he's got Hainsey and Hyman out there. Keep blindly supporting this coach.

Hyman - someone has to get the puck from the corner.

Hainsey - former OFD, and when Dermott and Rielly get off who is he supposed to put out? Zaitsev and Oz? They pulled the net with 2m left.

I'm not defending the whole, just these specific parts are not good examples of your point.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
A lot of fans will overreact and act like the sky is falling.

A lot of fans will underreact and act like nothing is wrong in the slightest.

Welcome to leaf nation. There's literally nothing in between. And both sides are certain... certain... that they're the ones in the right.
Worst fanbase in sports I hear

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Such a mentally fragile team. I don't know what the issue is which makes it all the more confusing.

Is it coaching? Is it lack of work ethic? Bad luck? Unprepared? Thinking too much? Going on almost 2 months of terrible hockey. Love my team but boy it's been hard to watch this season.

Hope this bye week does wonders for them and they come back a different team, but I have my doubts.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Matthews needs to get that pass through. Slumping hard

He should be driving to the net on that one. Nobody was there for him to pass the puck...the other Leafs player wasn't even skating that hard to accept it even if it went through.

Reactions: 7even

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad