Rumor: Leafs and Kings among many teams interested in Ben Hutton

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I mean the Kings have three NHL defensemen in Doughty, Martinez, and Forbort, but there are a few prospects coming up in the next two years (Clague, Anderson) that will need spots. On the flip side, Martinez and Forbort could both be trade targets. Then again, Kings f***in' suck so, it's kinda whatever.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
lol. Gardiner > Hutton.
Ben plays in my division, I've seen him play since he entered the NHL. He's the most overrated defenseman in Vancouver, a pylon in the defensive zone, and there's a reason they didn't send him a QO.
Won't be long before he wakes the boo birds in Toronto

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
lol. Gardiner > Hutton.
Ben plays in my division, I've seen him play since he entered the NHL. He's the most overrated defenseman in Vancouver, a pylon in the defensive zone, and there's a reason they didn't send him a QO.
Won't be long before he wakes the boo birds in Toronto

Gardiner plays in our division. There's no way Hutton could be worse than Gardiner in his own end. At least Gardiner provides offence.

Last edited:

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Gardiner plays in our division. There's no way Hutton could be worse than Gardiner in his own end. At least Gardiner provides offence.
Hutton is just terrible in all zones. Jake is a legit top 4 who can skate and put up points. Ben not so much, not physical even tho he has good size.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Hutton is just terrible in all zones. Jake is a legit top 4 who can skate and put up points. Ben not so much, not physical even tho he has good size.

Then how is he even in the league, let alone playing top pairing minutes? Even on Vancouver, it doesn't make sense.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I think he rode the wave of his rookie season. Last year we had so many injuries and no depth we had no choice. In 2017 he was a healthy scratch some nights. To put it into perspective, he had worse stat lines the Pouliot, he has size and I think if OJ didn't tear his knee, he would have been gone last year.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I take him on the Pens if it weren't for a bunch of expensive guys already occupying the blueline.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Friedman mentioned Canucks and Leafs were working on something for Hutton prior to the deadline on Tuesday.

Reactions: Magic Man

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
depending on contract would absolutely want him in LA. Especially as it would allow LA to move Martinez. for futures

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Why would Toronto do this when they're trying to shed cap?
If they sign Hutton then there is a deal lined up to move out cap space. Zaitsev is #1 on the trade bait board going into July 1st, Brown is 6th. Depending on how much cap comes back in those deals if they happen there could be more than enough or not enough to be the winning bidder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad