Rumor: Leafs and Kings among many teams interested in Ben Hutton

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I mean Hutton is only a UFA because the Canucks thought he might get $4 mil/year@ arbitration.

I still don't know how a d-man average -19/year and about 17 points is worth $4 mil in arbitration but here we are.

He's an okay 5th d-man but meh. Quite forgettable for any team with a decent d-group.

Laterade

Feb 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC
"Canucks still in mix..."

Yeah, I'm sure relations between those 2 haven't soured at all.

No hard feelings. He stepped up his game this year and played his best after last season when he was out of shape and almost out of the league.

Canucks can't afford him anymore with the mammoth contract they are about to give to Myers. Still would like him back at like 3M per but it looks like he will get 4M and beyond if there's a demand for him in the UFA market

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007

As much as we all hate the Canucks management, the appeal of playing with a bunch of friends in a city you enjoy will most definitely keep the Canucks in the mix.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
"Hey Kyle, any news on the free agent front?"

"Yeah Mike, the Marner negotiations are going south, but think I have a shot at another left handed defenseman"

giphy.gif

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY

It’s actually not uncommon for a player not qualified to still re-sign with the team that didn’t give him a QO. Hutton had arbitration rights and that steered Vancouver away. They can still bring him back at a price they’re more comfortable with. They also risk the chance he walks and gets more elsewhere.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
It’s actually not uncommon for a player not qualified to still re-sign with the team that didn’t give him a QO. Hutton had arbitration rights and that steered Vancouver away. They can still bring him back at a price they’re more comfortable with. They also risk the chance he walks and gets more elsewhere.

Washington has done it a couple times recently I think. DSP last year and maybe someone the year before? Connolly?

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
The Luongo announcement basically priced the Canucks down to either Hutton or Myers

Unless Boeser takes a Horvat range contract.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
He's a good 5th or 6th guy, and an alright 4 if you have a good RHD partner for him. If he gets 4 million then someone has overpaid.

Then again I'd put him in the top five for available D, even with my ranking as a bottom pairing D, so who knows?

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Most be looking for click-bait by actually naming the Kings beings interested

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Hutton's agent doing a decent job of feeding the shills in the media to pump up public interest in his client, and maybe even inducing a team to pay a bit too much to beat the "competition".

Reactions: krutovsdonut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad