TSN: Leafs and Ducks in serious discussion regarding Hampus Lindholm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
LHD but extremely talented shutdown. Downside is hes got 2 years left and will be a UFA same time as Rielly.

Would cost sandin+1st+ robertson+1st atleast or maybe Nyalnder straight

This is prob one of those rumors that nothing comes from. Really doubt we trade for lindholm
Holy shit this might be the worst offer I’ve ever seen. That’s basically 4 1sts...

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
That makes zero sense for Anaheim

It makes sense for the Ducks to start exploring what they could get. 2 years goes by fast and unless Hampus really wants to stay in Anaheim/the re-tool isn't successful quickly then it's in the Ducks best interest to deal him.

I don't see these two teams making a trade right now by any stretch of imagination, but wouldn't be surprised to hear his name come up more and more.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Radio threads without a link to the original audio or at least a tweet from a reputable source (i.e. Account4Hockey and NHL_Watcher) shouldn't be allowed.

Too many do a poor job of transcribing what was said, including the tone.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
It makes sense for the Ducks to start exploring what they could get. 2 years goes by fast and unless Hampus really wants to stay in Anaheim/the re-tool isn't successful quickly then it's in the Ducks best interest to deal him.

I don't see these two teams making a trade right now by any stretch of imagination, but wouldn't be surprised to hear his name come up more and more.
Successful teams dont trade away their best defenseman they’ve ever developed who is still only 26 years old. He’s the perfect kind of player to keep around for a rebuild until someone on the roster over takes his spot.

bad teams trade away talent for futures when they dont have an immediate replacement. Ducks aren’t gonna do that.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not sure there is a good deal to be made for the two teams. Ducks need top line drivers and top pair d-men... Lindholm is a top pair d-man and isn't old, he could be kept through the rebuild. Trading Lindholm for Nylander would be a bad move, same thing that happened to Rakell will happen to Nylander. There aren't star players here for other teams to focus on, Nylander would be the focus of other teams' defenses and his point totals would go down too.

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Hoping it’s for Nylander + dermott with a grinding depth forward coming back to Toronto Such as deslauriers

Ryan52

Jun 20, 2009
Brampton, Ontario
Radio threads without a link to the original audio or at least a tweet from a reputable source (i.e. Account4Hockey and NHL_Watcher) shouldn't be allowed.

Too many do a poor job of transcribing what was said, including the tone.
with the right tag placed on it, who cares? it is a discussion board after all

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Dermott + 1st wouldn't be too bad considering Lindholm is under contract for at least 2 seasons. But I don't know why the Ducks would move him?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Lindholm isn’t a top D in the League to fetch a price like that
If he was a Top D he'd be fetching more like a top forward plus unless that forward was a centre. A top D would fetch you a laine, Peterson, Marner, Svech, Point, not Nylander.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

A proposal for the sake of a proposal is fine.
Misleading a large group of people into thinking its a real tangible thing, taints the opinions you get from them if you switch from rumor to proposal.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

It makes no sense because our stupid GM is adamant about competing sooner rather than later. Trading Hampus for futures, as the OP implies, hurts the team now more than any other move we could make (aside from trading Gibson).

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
It makes no sense because our stupid GM is adamant about competing sooner rather than later. Trading Hampus for futures, as the OP implies, hurts the team now more than any other move we could make (aside from trading Gibson).

Hurts the team now and very low chance of ever making them better based on the offers here.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018

OP is free to make a proposal or speculation thread. Discussion board or not, why would we want threads with straight up BS in them? (not saying OP is lying, but if he is).

Tags are helpful for organization, but they shouldn’t be used to cover up untruthful or misleading posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad