Rumor: Leafs and Avalanche interested in Janmark

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
We have Hyman, Johnsson, Engvall, and Mikheyev as options on the LW, and that does not even include Barabanov, Korshkov, and Robertson who could also be options there. Some of these guys are going to end up competing for Kapanen's RW job, but there is no room for a LW unless we are moving Johnsson or Engvall, which won't be in a pure salary dump move (especially to make room for a guy like Janmark).

Reactions: Merrrlin

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Leafs linked to another player, sometimes I think these tweets just add "Leafs" for clicks. Don't get me wrong Janmark is a totally logical player to pursue

You're just now realizing this? :laugh:

Dreger, Friedman, even Bobby Mac, they all do it.

Gotta throw the Leafs in there to drive their massive fanbase into a frenzy, get those page clicks, retweets and ratings up.

Reactions: Faltorvo

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Engvall's cost over repacement is too low. He makes literally 300k more than an ELC player. But I am talking about Johnsson and Kerfoot specifically. Do you really think Dubas has any intention to part with those guys? I mean, maybe for a Dman, but it runs counter to my understanding of Dubas for him to part ways with a Johnsson or a Kerfoot for a Janmark type player. Maybe he's evolving. But I haven't seen it yet.
Dubas made some comments recently that lead me to believe our depth pieces are a going to shuffle around. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kerfoot, Johnsson, and Dermott in different sweaters next season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Fast skater , great hockey sense and will make things happen , very good penalty killer. On the other hand he has an awful shot and almost no finishing ability .

He gets breaaways every game because he knows where to be and will never finish them.

Can help out in a top 6 playmaking , forechechking role or as bottom 6 checking line wing. Can play Center but mostly played on the wing in the NHL .

He's a good two-way player . If you need someone to score goals though look elsewhere. Thats not happening with him. Still confusing how he almost scored 20 goals that one season with his terrible shot.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The Avs really could use a stud PKer for their bottom 6 and that is probably the reason they are interested.
Would much prefer it to be a quality #3 C that is amazing on the PK though but maybe that guy is not out there right now...

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Janmark is really underrated. I do wonder why the Avalanche would be interested though, couldn't they just re-sign Nieto?

Reactions: Psycho Mantis

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Janmark has a high IQ at both ends of the ice and has a knack for getting breakaways but he simply has the worst shot in the NHL. Absolutely zero finish. It's actually fascinating to behold.

Reactions: missionAvs

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Janmark is really underrated. I do wonder why the Avalanche would be interested though, couldn't they just re-sign Nieto?

Agreed. Janmark is better but neither is an impact player and I suspect Janmark will cost significantly more.

My guess if the Avs may look to move Compher or Jost in a deal, maybe attached to Zadorov, for a reliable, veteran second pair defenseman in that $4 million / year range. In that case, Janmark would be a more direct replacement for them than Nieto.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Agreed. Janmark is better but neither is an impact player and I suspect Janmark will cost significantly more.

My guess if the Avs may look to move Compher or Jost in a deal, maybe attached to Zadorov, for a veteran second pair defenseman in that $4 million / year range. In that case, Janmark would be a more direct replacement for them than Nieto.

3D Chess lol.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yeah, he scored 15 and 19 goals his first two active years with the Stars, but only 6 the last 2. Some of the drop is usage, being dropped from top six to bottom six, but then the drop came as his shooting percentage cut in half from 13.9% to 7% last year.

Was one of Nill's great early trades, sending washed up Eric Cole (who had close to 20 goals, but got injured in his Detroit debut or soon after) for two of the prospects he scouted while at Detroit. Later, a great story, coming back from degenerative knee surgery, seemingly not having lost much speed and still being able to turn in at least an oversized phone booth. Smart, fast, but somewhere is finish left him...maybe he realized he was Swedish?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad