Rumor: Leafs and Avalanche interested in Janmark

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Would be a good signing for a team that has a good offense already, which they both do. Would be a better signing for Toronto imo

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
He's made 2.3 each of the last few seasons, and after playing on a Stanley Cup Finalist, I'd kinda imagine him getting even more. So I think he kinda prices himself out of Toronto. But Colorado is certainly possible.

Reactions: qqaz

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
He’s a good skater, brings speed, and is almost always in the right place, but I’m convinced if the net were an ocean he’d still miss most of the time. You’ll like him, but he’ll frustrate you a lot too.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Nah, easy pass. We have a ton of wingers and all remaining cash needs to go to D or grit.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He's made 2.3 each of the last few seasons, and after playing on a Stanley Cup Finalist, I'd kinda imagine him getting even more. So I think he kinda prices himself out of Toronto. But Colorado is certainly possible.

Usually I"d agree but with a flat cap I'm not sure he does get more

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Usually I"d agree but with a flat cap I'm not sure he does get more
Sure. But I don't see him getting significantly less either.

I think Leafs fans should be happy that Dubas is looking at this type of player. He is an elite penalty killer, very good at forcing turnovers, blocking shots, gets sticks in passing lanes, I wouldn't describe him as a bruiser but he lays plenty of hits. He is easily worth the price tag. Honestly, I would love to have him back on Dallas but unfortunately we have 2.4M tied up in Comeau for another year. If we could somehow get rid of Comeau, who is also very good but not as good as Janmark, I'd take Janmark at 2.4. So looking at this type of player is the right track.

However, my understanding of the Leafs cap situation is that they would not be able to throw 2.3 million at a depth player. They still want to sign a defenseman and they have two RFAs to sign. It would take moving someone, and I don't think Dubas has any intention on doing so.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Sure. But I don't see him getting significantly less either.

I think Leafs fans should be happy that Dubas is looking at this type of player. He is an elite penalty killer, very good at forcing turnovers, blocking shots, gets sticks in passing lanes, I wouldn't describe him as a bruiser but he lays plenty of hits. He is easily worth the price tag. Honestly, I would love to have him back on Dallas but unfortunately we have 2.4M tied up in Comeau for another year. If we could somehow get rid of Comeau, who is also very good but not as good as Janmark, I'd take Janmark at 2.4. So looking at this type of player is the right track.

However, my understanding of the Leafs cap situation is that they would not be able to throw 2.3 million at a depth player. They still want to sign a defenseman and they have two RFAs to sign. It would take moving someone, and I don't think Dubas has any intention on doing so.

Oh the intent is to do it.

It's just Johnsson, Kerfoot, Engvall etc it's not a core piece not yet

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Oh the intent is to do it.

It's just Johnsson, Kerfoot, Engvall etc it's not a core piece not yet
Engvall's cost over repacement is too low. He makes literally 300k more than an ELC player. But I am talking about Johnsson and Kerfoot specifically. Do you really think Dubas has any intention to part with those guys? I mean, maybe for a Dman, but it runs counter to my understanding of Dubas for him to part ways with a Johnsson or a Kerfoot for a Janmark type player. Maybe he's evolving. But I haven't seen it yet.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Engvall's cost over repacement is too low. He makes literally 300k more than an ELC player. But I am talking about Johnsson and Kerfoot specifically. Do you really think Dubas has any intention to part with those guys? I mean, maybe for a Dman, but it runs counter to my understanding of Dubas for him to part ways with a Johnsson or a Kerfoot for a Janmark type player. Maybe he's evolving. But I haven't seen it yet.

Well he said on Tuesday "Our priorty is to get bigger and harder to play against."

So yes he very likely wants to move one of those guys but even if he didn't say that Robertson is ready so he's got a replacement for one of them waiting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad