Post-Game Talk: LEAFS ADVANCE TO 2nd ROUND BABY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Where's the video that shows Matthews'reaction on the bench?

I can't remember where I saw it. I'm sure someone here does.

Not looking for the one that shows the whole bench with Matthews just off to the right. The one that focuses right on him.

Reactions: saffronleaf

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I hear what you're saying, reading comments from American fans who haven't ever laced up a pair of skates, let alone played an organized game of hockey is pretty comical. Saying that, there are many fans south of the border who are as passionate and knowledgeable as us, painting them all with the same brush is a little shirt sighted. The detrimental comments about the country aren't really accurate either, but this isn't a political forum so I'll leave those alone.
As for for the NHL survival, if not for American money the league would be a shadow of what it is. Sad, but true.
I guess we'll just agree to disagree on the political aspect. I think characteristics seep into each other and what is seen in one area is seen in another. It's hard to accept these things and to apply consistent standards. I think a consistent standard regardless of race or ethnicity applied with no special pleading and a brief reading of history such as overthrowing of more than 50 governments since world war 2 without any special pleading for one group over another makes things very evident and apparent. If there's one country the comments are fitting for it's the one mentioned.

I don't have a problem with American fans but it's bullshit how a Canadian game has to be taken over and be pre dominantly American cities. We saw no similar trend like in NBA which is a predominantly American league turned into a Canadian league via a takeover. Instead we have one Canadian team., One. Compare that with hockey.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
10447A6A-2E1A-42F9-A4FC-C8B045DC6B62.png

Reactions: saffronleaf

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Starting to sink in that we made it past the first round. Esp since listening to the Bruins and Panthers game where the commentators said the winner will play the Maple Leafs.

Reactions: kb

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

The celebrations that followed the Maple Leafs’ first playoff series victory in 19 years were largely tame, with the exception of one fan who allegedly slapped a police horse Saturday night.

Toronto police told CTV News Toronto that the man was arrested for public intoxication after he slapped the horse on its “hindquarters.”

Neither the horse, nor the mounted officer, were injured and the man was released from 52 Division with a Provincial Offence Notice once he was sober, police said.

The celebrations at Bremner Boulevard and York Street, just outside Scotiabank Arena, carried on for about one hour after the Leafs road victory in Game 6, according to police, at which point fans were encouraged to clear the streets.

No other arrests or tickets were issued in the vicinity of Maple Leaf Square following the overtime victory in Tampa.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Panthers are a better team than the Bruins, not by much but they are, facts are facts. Just speaking to the regular season means nothing crowd. And the playoffs are the end all be all.Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad