Confirmed with Link: Leafs acquire Luke Schenn for a 3rd round pick

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Again, that's just insulting. Now you're adding more insults about "reply times" which are completely random depending on what I'm doing. If you have nothing better to do then keep those insults coming I guess but to use your own words - I doubt that this is healthy for you.
As I said if it is insulting to you to be called out when you misunderstand something then it’s not the best use of your time for you to reply to me and instead only reply to people who tip toe around your sensitivities. You could be a man of honour and just say I misunderstood what you said, it happens.

And yea, it appears you are just glued to your keyboard waiting to get your reply in. What other inference can I make about how you choose to spend your time when you reply within minutes? That coincidentally you’re online at the exact same times I am? lol. You stated you see this as pointless but will keep engaging because it’s very important to you to get your first and last reply in to someone. Maybe you’ll find a more meaningful way to spend your time than to always stay online excited waiting for my reply. I doubt it though.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
As I said if it is insulting to you to be called out when you misunderstand something then it’s not the best for you to reply to me and only reply to people who tip toe around your sensitivities.

And yea, it appears you are just glued to your keyboard waiting to get your reply in. You reply instantly after starting this whole thing, from which I can make an inference about how you choose to use your time. You stated you see this as pointless but will keep engaging because it’s very important to you to get your first and last reply in to someone. Maybe there’s a more meaningful way to spend your time than to always stay online waiting for my reply.
You're making some baseless assumptions here and if it's OK with you, I'll decide for myself what's "best" for me.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
You're making some baseless assumptions here and if it's OK with you, I'll decide for myself what's "best" for me.
there you go again proving my point. We all make inferences. 27k posts in 10 years? P.s. I think it’s best in the future if we don’t engage with each other

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Gents lets talk about Schenner .. he is best partner for Rielly EVER .. Rielly is freakin back boys .. Rielly is playing 10 foot taller with Schenner backing him up .. fyi before game Schenner skated by front of entire Tampa bench .. don't know exactly what he said but nothing happened to Mo .. that is effective policing

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
there you go again proving my point. We all make inferences. 27k posts in 10 years? P.s. I think it’s best in the future if we don’t engage with each other
Some inferences make sense, some don't and some are just insulting. Cheers. :)

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Some inferences make sense, some don't and some are just insulting. Cheers. :)
Yea I agree. Ones about how quick someone is to reply to internet posts coupled with the amount of posts they make on a forum to infer about how said person is spending their oh so very precious day are one thing but somehow inferring not wanting to re sign someone beyond a year to not wanting to re sign them at all is just something else entirely.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Gents lets talk about Schenner .. he is best partner for Rielly EVER .. Rielly is freakin back boys .. Rielly is playing 10 foot taller with Schenner backing him up .. fyi before game Schenner skated by front of entire Tampa bench .. don't know exactly what he said but nothing happened to Mo .. that is effective policing
Great story, thanks for sharing, love it!

I daresay this is the Luke Schenn the Leafs were envisioning drafting all those years ago..
He's been so ridiculously good, I just hope it doesn't drive up his asking price too much. He's getting paid the minimum and I imagine teams would be lining to sign him for more than that now. I really hope he's back, just so thrilled with Luke the Duke!

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
This isn't even the first time the Leafs drafted a large defenseman named Luke in the first third of the 1st round, who had issues with skating and puckhandling but would go through a wall to stick up for a teammate, brought him up to the show immediately after drafting, but he and/or the team stunk, so we traded him after just four seasons to get a star forward who goes hard to the net, only to eventually pick him up later on in his career for a mid-round draft pick, two full years after he looked completely washed.

(and it's also not the first time that a player fitting the above description had a career TOI average of exactly 17:35)

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Sign Luke and let him retire a leaf when he wishes to.
1 mill
Crusher Luke Schenn
You are finally home

Hope the extra day is good for him.
Yeah .. Gio is having a hard time with tampa speed no doubt .. he looks like our weakest link .. but he is a vet with a heart to win and i wouldn't take him out

Reactions: horner

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
YOU GUYS SEEING THIS SH!T

Played like a #2 defenseman tonight, THIS IS A PLAYOFF TYPE OF DEFENSEMEN!.

Never would of imagined he would be this good, I know it's only a hand full of NHL games and 6 playoff games.. but hes playing like the f***in Dman Leafs wanted when they drafted him YEARS AGO!

GET THIS MAN A RING WITH A LEAF LOGO.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I'll eat crow and say I thought Schenner was a nice depth pickup who might do well in a depth role in sheltered minutes .. but damn he's been the modern day Adam Foote in this series like he was billed when he was drafted

This is the luke we drafted. We always thought he would be a hard hitter, Adam Foote, langway type of D. He altered his game earlier to fit the expectation of Scott Stevens

Reactions: ruaware41

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
luke poised schenn. If I could describe him in one word this series - poised. Guy has been a solid foundational calm presence all series staying very calm on breakouts and when under pressure. He’s playing chess out there and it’s beautiful
Surprisingly poised. At time he looked like a beefy kaberle how he'd hold the puck and wait out opposition instead of just throwing it away and panicking.

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
This guy was ridiculously good for the Canucks this year. Easily our 2nd best d-man after Hughes. People thought Canucks fans were out to lunch when we wanted a 2nd rounder for him but now you see why. I hope you guys get a chance to go up against Boston next round and he crushes Marchand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad