Confirmed with Link: Leafs acquire Jake McCabe (@50%), Sam Lafferty, cond. 2024 and 2025 5th round picks for Joey Anderson, Pavel Gogolev, 2025 1st (top 10 prot), 2026 2nd

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
So how have McCabe and Lafferty looked with Leafs?

I figure McCabe will be big part of Leafs potential playoff run

On Hawks end Anderson seems to be running with chance here in Chicago to make impression. Team sucks and is years off in rebuild up front so he could find himself a spot-on Hawks top 9 over next season or two if he does well enough
So far they've both looked great, I'd say they've been exactly what I hoped they would be. Very pleased with this trade. :)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So how have McCabe and Lafferty looked with Leafs?

I figure McCabe will be big part of Leafs potential playoff run

On Hawks end Anderson seems to be running with chance here in Chicago to make impression. Team sucks and is years off in rebuild up front so he could find himself a spot-on Hawks top 9 over next season or two if he does well enough and continues to produce

McCabe has been fantastic, Lafferty had a great assist against Ottawa but otherwise hasn't been noticeable

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Whenever I see these trade threads bumped I figure Gogolev or Anderson had a 4 goal game. Lol

We like to win trades, but I’m glad there’s players are getting chances with other teams they wouldn’t get here.

Gogolev was put on waivers for the purpose of terminating his contract or whatever they call it - and re-signed with the Growlers.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Whenever I see these trade threads bumped I figure Gogolev or Anderson had a 4 goal game. Lol

We like to win trades, but I’m glad there’s players are getting chances with other teams they wouldn’t get here.
Well If anything Gogolev is just more buried more then ever before in our system. but I know what you're saying.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Agree. Been noticeable in all three zones, coming out of scrums with pucks, standing his ground, initiating.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Agree. Been noticeable in all three zones, coming out of scrums with pucks, standing his ground, initiating.
His willingness to get his nose dirty, and even drop the gloves when necessary, has been a very positive aspect of what he brings to the team.

Reactions: aingefan

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Every time Lafferty touched the ice last night he looked like he was shot out of a cannon.

What a trade by Dubas. 1 more year of Laffy & 2 more years of Caber.
this was the Lafferty i remember watching a few Chi games ...i hope he can maintain that level though

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Lafferty at the very, very least can be a responsible 4th liner with some offensive upside who can move up the lineup if needed. I take that at 1 million.

Wouldn't be opposed to a ZAR- Holmberg - Lafferty line next year (or Acciari if we can re-sign him), that is a defensive responsible line with scoring. touch (minus ZAR)

McCabe has been a stud.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Playoff McCabe > Season McCabe

And by a significant margin. He has been so much better than I though he would be, could be.

Yea, as has been pointed out Lafferty was great last night!

They just need to keep that level of compete and we will have gotten our value.

He's been fantastic laying out hits and playing the body. Exactly what we looked to Muzzin for.

He doesn't have Muzzins puck skills, but we have other guys for that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad