Confirmed with Link: Leafs acquire Brennan Menell for a cond. 7th rd pick in 2022 [Upd 8/1: signed 1 yr/2 way contract]

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Let me guess a small player who dominates the Euro game and has great possession metrics?

Dubas has the idea he can build a team that will dominate on the big ice and have those skills equally dominate on the small ice.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Let me guess a small player who dominates the Euro game and has great possession metrics?

Dubas has the idea he can build a team that will dominate on the big ice and have those skills equally dominate on the small ice.
you don't have to guess. You could look at his AHL production. It's very fun to see someone who didn't even know he played in North America (and was born there) trying to say that Dubas has the wrong idea about him

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
So why wasnt he in the NHL? Did he sleep with someone's daughter or smtn?

Apparently, according to wild fans Guerin and Menell were on different pages in terms of contracts. Menell ended up going to the K instead.

Additionally, he plays RD and Minnesota had Spurgeon, Dumba and Soucy there.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Apparently, according to wild fans Guerin and Menell were on different pages in terms of contracts. Menell ended up going to the K instead.

Additionally, he plays RD and Minnesota had Spurgeon, Dumba and Soucy there.

On any other team he would have been given an extended NHL look by now.

Minnesota is unfortunately for him one of those freak teams who already has fantastic depth for right sided D men

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto

2017-18Iowa WildAHL728172514-2----------
2018-19Iowa WildAHL70242442510110444
2019-20Iowa WildAHL5754247368
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I never knew the AHL played on the big ice and played the Euro game.. 24 years old and put up solid AHL numbers and acquired for nothing. Looks like a good move to me to take a chance on.

Reactions: Rocker13 and Smif

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Essentially a free wallet, lets see what we can do on the Marlies

nah this would be NHL

likely no marlies

dude will be gunning for a one way and he buggered off to the KHL and dominated so he isn't going to sign 2 way guaranteed

also he isn't waiver exempt. we would lose him on waivers, no question.

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This Menell fellow sound like the Leafs are trying to find this years KHL's version of Mikko Lehtonen.

& recent signing Kirill Semyonov the new Alexander Barabanov.

Reactions: TMLegend

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I thought the Wild was higher on him than that. Pleasantly surprised by this move.

Could be on the bottom pairing this year.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Never heard of him.
Any chance he's the best player not currently in the NHL?

Best DEFENCEMAN not currently in the NHL. Let's not oversell it.
Seriously, will he even come over from the KHL? Certainly not to play in the AHL.

Reactions: ACC1224

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I like him. nice gamble.

But I sure hope we are free to send him up and down from the marlies and aren't stuck keeping him on the big club like we were with Lehtonen.
Nope. Not waiver eligible, and unless he plays 75 games he is a Group 6 UFA at the end of the season.

It's a shot in the dark for free.

CupcakeSprinkles

Apr 11, 2021
Best DEFENCEMAN not currently in the NHL. Let's not oversell it.
Seriously, will he even come over from the KHL? Certainly not to play in the AHL.

Sign him for 1Y on the contract slide max.. if he makes the team sure.. if not then he can opt to be waived to the AHL (claimed) or defect to Europe. Not really a big deal - conditional 7th is risk free

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Nope. Not waiver eligible, and unless he plays 75 games he is a Group 6 UFA at the end of the season.

It's a shot in the dark for free.

i always get confused by this phrasing - you mean that we can send him down without putting him on waivers, rigth?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad