Confirmed with Link: Leafs acquire Bernier for Frattin, Scrivens, 2nd in 14 or 15 II

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Scrivens wasn''t bad.

But not as a number one. He can keep you in games but won't win them by himself. perfect guy to play 15 games behind a star goalie.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
still whimpin the thought Scrivens can be outstanding

ive seen him own those starts when Reimer was injured

he's a career backup. nothing more. he was sent in the deal as bernier's replacement. no big loss.

even if we were to trade him, we'd probably would've gotten a 4th or 5th rd pick at best.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
This is the best deal this team has done in a long time , A yank and a goalie with a five hole you can drive a truck through most nights for a genuine #1 Goalie who also plays the style needed in today's NHL , Reims has always been at his best when he stands up square to the shooter and plays the shot that's taken instead of the All Air style of butterfly -drop to your knees before the shot ,cover the bottom and hope it hits you with " good spine position" hopefully Bernier will push him back to this style and away from the legacy of All Airs protoge's . Now if Nonis can get us a #1 center for the washer/ dryer ** or better yet dump Komi , Liles and Gunnerson } he will truly be a god .

leafygoods

Defending Champs
Aug 12, 2009
Halifax
IMHO i think both of these guys will be challenging for Team Canada starter in 2018

I hope we don't have an American in net for us in 2018!:laugh:

In all seriousness I see them both on the same level, with Bernier having the higher upside, but is less likely to reach it given his style and frame.

YouCantYandleThis*

I hope we don't have an American in net for us in 2018!:laugh:

In all seriousness I see them both on the same level, with Bernier having the higher upside, but is less likely to reach it given his style and frame.

I love me some Jonathan Bernier...but on the same level as Schneider right now? Really?

He might reach his potential (which I agree is higher), but he's in no way currently at the same level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad