Prospect Info: Leafs 6th. pick at #172 - Antoine Bibeau (G) - PEI Rockets

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Saw him once. Looked good. Goaltenders are hard to guage potential wise so I'll just say that he's a good Junior goaltender right now.

nolman29

Oct 20, 2009
Charlottetown, PE
Anyone know anything about him?

Played for my hometown QMJHL team PEI Rocket, now Charlottetown Islanders.

Bibs was a steal for the Rocket, was traded for a 9th round pick in 2011.

He took the starting job from Max Lagace this season after Lagace signed with Dallas before the season had started.
Bibeau is a goalie that will win you games and is consistent every game. He looks really comfortable between the pipes and can stand on his head.
Lead the league in shutouts with 5.

Leaf fans, you will like him.

Not much of a scouting kind of guy, as you can tell, but just my two cents worth

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Played for my hometown QMJHL team PEI Rocket, now Charlottetown Islanders.

Bibs was a steal for the Rocket, was traded for a 9th round pick in 2011.

He took the starting job from Max Lagace this season after Lagace signed with Dallas before the season had started.
Bibeau is a goalie that will win you games and is consistent every game. He looks really comfortable between the pipes and can stand on his head.
Lead the league in shutouts with 5.

Leaf fans, you will like him.

Not much of a scouting kind of guy, as you can tell, but just my two cents worth

Interesting thanks.

The one thing that strikes me about him is he looks very proper in the net, Very upright and compact. With Rynnas and Owuya leaving it'll be interesting to see where he figures in the next few years.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
The criticism I've always heard with Bibeau is that he can get lazy at times with his positioning, and as a result he is prone to letting in bad goals at times. He's very quick though, and has excellent reflexes. Not quite your typical Quebec butterfly goalie. He'll probably rely more on athleticism.

All told, he's a nice project to have in the system, but still has a lot of developing to do.
So pretty much what you'd expect for a 6th round pick. I'm just glad that Allaire is gone now. He'd undoubtedly try to force this kid to change his playing style and I doubt it would work.

Coado

Apr 2, 2005
Charlottetown
Only saw him play one game and he got totally ripped to shreds by the Mooseheads.
The Rocket did much better than I expected this season however and if he had any part of that hopefully it will translate well and he can possibly surprise in the future!

Hey guys, an actual fan of his team the Charlottetown Islanders(PEI Rocket), and first and fore most to that guy, who didn't get "ripped to shreds by the Mooseheads this year?! Antoine compares himself as a Luongo style. He also was a Patrick Roy, Montreal Canadiens fan growing up so I'm sure you all will love that in Toronto. The five shutouts he got is pretty impressive as well, I mean are team isn't that good, we won because of him. He earned his starting goalie job as well.. plus he was an invite to the world juniors goalie camp last year so he was highly thought of by someone.

Anyways guys I'll head back to my Habs board, peace out.

natephil

Feb 13, 2010
Hey guys, an actual fan of his team the Charlottetown Islanders(PEI Rocket), and first and fore most to that guy, who didn't get "ripped to shreds by the Mooseheads this year?! Antoine compares himself as a Luongo style. He also was a Patrick Roy, Montreal Canadiens fan growing up so I'm sure you all will love that in Toronto. The five shutouts he got is pretty impressive as well, I mean are team isn't that good, we won because of him. He earned his starting goalie job as well.. plus he was an invite to the world juniors goalie camp last year so he was highly thought of by someone.

appreciate the info buddy. I was happy to see you guys draft my buddy from my small town, Connor Crisp. Don't know what he will become but can't help but root for him, even being on the Habs. Ha. This towns so small it's like he's all we got.

Coado

Apr 2, 2005
Charlottetown
appreciate the info buddy. I was happy to see you guys draft my buddy from my small town, Connor Crisp. Don't know what he will become but can't help but root for him, even being on the Habs. Ha. This towns so small it's like he's all we got.

Yea he looks like a good player to stick infront of the net, rumor has it he can't skate though.. Anyways I hope Antoine works out for you guys at the July Rookie Camp. Enjoy!

leafygoods

Defending Champs
Aug 12, 2009
Halifax

I know, I Know!:laugh: I really just meant that I could not judge him from the one game I saw of him alone. You guys had a great year and exceeded expectations for sure, and hoping he was a big part of that, as goalies occasionally are. Every Goalie in the Q looked bad at one time or another against the Moose so I cant really judge. Numbers look impressive though for the Q and I'm hoping he puts its all together!

Ghost AsylumX91

May 15, 2013
Canada
I'm living in charlottetown, born and raised a Islander. I seen him play twice this year in back to back nights. The first night was against the Sea Dogs, who, were not that good this year even against the rockets they had little chance with Bibeau in the night. We won, the second night they were playing against the moose heads minus nathan cause of his injury. Legace started that game then was pulled so Bibeau could play he let in one goal. From what i seen from his play he has good positioning as well he uses his height and wing span well to be effective laterally across the crease. I was a big fan of his playing this year i wanted to see him get drafted this year. With the Leafs being my team and them picking him up i couldn't be more happier for him. he will need time to develop i don't plan on seeing him in the nhl anytime soon be i believe if they stick with him and keep up and helping his development he will be a nhl goalie.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Why would we take a goalie who's been passed over in the draft ? I would rather pick that Cadorette kid who made the Qmjhl finals

People develop at different rates. Lots of passed-over kids are drafted every year and have successful careers.

Hell, Tanner Pearson was undrafted in two drafts before being picked in the first round last year, and just finished an extremely solid season in the AHL.

Number13

May 21, 2007

You've got a decent outlet mall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad