Prospect Info: Leafs 6th. pick at #172 - Antoine Bibeau (G) - PEI Rockets

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Unrated by Central Scouting mid term, 9th in the final ranking,

member 147413

Overage goalie who improved significantly from his draft year. Also seems a bit too heavy for a goalie who's 6'2. I don't know anything about him, but again I'll trust our scouting.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Those are pretty good numbers for any junior league.

Could be star goalie one day ... we'll know in 5-10 years

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
Anyone know anything about him?
He was originally drafted by the Lewiston Maineiacs of the QMJHL.
When Lewiston disbanded, he was picked up by the Gatineau Olympiques in the dispersal draft and was expected to be their starter at 17.
The kid was a mess at training camp and was traded to the PEI Rocket even before the season started.
He shared the net with veteran Maxime Lagacé in 2011-12 and displaced him last year as the #1 netminder for the Rocket.
He's a tall athletic goalie with quick legs.
With proper coaching, I think he may have a outside shot at the NHL.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
His numbers look pretty good. Pretty big guy, I'll trust our scouts, good to have another goalie in the system. Maybe he'll be the next Garret Sparks ;)

Renegade

Jun 23, 2013
Pickering, ON
Really happy with this pick. I've wanted the Leafs to pick him since January. Watched highlights about him and he looks solid. We're decent with later round goalies.

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
He was originally drafted by the Lewiston Maineiacs of the QMJHL.
When Lewiston disbanded, he was picked up by the Gatineau Olympiques in the dispersal draft and was expected to be their starter at 17.
The kid was a mess at training camp and was traded to the PEI Rocket even before the season started.
He shared the net with veteran Maxime Lagacé in 2011-12 and displaced him last year as the #1 netminder for the Rocket.
He's a tall athletic goalie with quick legs.
With proper coaching, I think he may have a outside shot at the NHL.

Thx, what did u mean by "hes a mess at training camp"?

leafygoods

Defending Champs
Aug 12, 2009
Halifax
Only saw him play one game and he got totally ripped to shreds by the Mooseheads.
The Rocket did much better than I expected this season however and if he had any part of that hopefully it will translate well and he can possibly surprise in the future!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad