Post-Game Talk: Leafs 6 - Canucks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Oiler fan here. No love lost between our two fanbases, but I think it's an absolute ****ing travesty that Kadri isn't going to face disciplinary action. Reeks of TO bias. Stars can get run by rats all they want, but forcing them to man up to their actions is met with the worst rule in hockey in the instigator. I hope you guys **** the Leafs up hard in the rematch. The refs will do everything in their power to stop it, but I hope the Leafs get wrecked. Also hope we soften those pukes up for you guys before hand. Leafs play us first on the road trip, I believe.

Hopefully Lucic sends a message. And my guy Kassian.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
they have entertaining players. they are definitely getting there.

what we have to watch is life draining.
Oh I agree about how brutal the Canucks are but at least when Canuck fans were cocky it'd because they were the best team in the league.

Not 5th in the Atlantic :laugh:

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Oiler fan here. No love lost between our two fanbases, but I think it's an absolute ****ing travesty that Kadri isn't going to face disciplinary action. Reeks of TO bias. Stars can get run by rats all they want, but forcing them to man up to their actions is met with the worst rule in hockey in the instigator. I hope you guys **** the Leafs up hard in the rematch. The refs will do everything in their power to stop it, but I hope the Leafs get wrecked. Also hope we soften those pukes up for you guys before hand. Leafs play us first on the road trip, I believe.

:handclap:

Kass should throw a nice and clean shoulder graze straight into a headshot at Kadri's head.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I have to admit I'm surprised.

I don't believe in conspiracies and waah the league hates the canucks and I also don't really care if Kadri gets suspended or not, but based on precedent I really can't see how there isn't even a review. I sort of thought I had this stuff figured out but the nhl is just completely unpredictable.

At any rate this thread is an embarrassment. Our team sucks so we are going to get all their guys! Yeah! Justice! Head in a bag!

Grow up people, my God.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Yeah, honestly If I'm Kadri I'd be more afraid of playing EDM next game because of those 2 even though the hit on Daniel was much worse than Kadri just getting under the skin of McDavid. Dorsett isn't scaring anyone and Gudbranson is going after Martin.

Hell, I'd rather fight Dorsett than Maroon as well.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Between us and the Oilers one of their star players is getting a legal shot to the head. All legal of course. But to the head. I want to see helmets popping off all over the place. All the goonery we spent assets on better make themselves useful this time. I don't want to see Hansen, Burrows and Miller doing all the heavy lifting. Should dress maelstrom that game and tell him to Tim Thomas the first guy on their team that gets a breakaway.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

I hope so. Our tough guys haven't really done much of that this year. We aren't using our size, or toughness, much at all. It sucks. Cherry was right about Kadri running our show. Not good enough.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I hope so. Our tough guys haven't really done much of that this year. We aren't using our size, or toughness, much at all. It sucks. Cherry was right about Kadri running our show. Not good enough.
And that's the most damning thing.

For sure players take note when national media are calling them out for not protecting their stars.

HNIC may have inadvertently sealed the fate of some of those leaf players.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
And that's the most damning thing.

For sure players take note when national media are calling them out for not protecting their stars.

HNIC may have inadvertently sealed the fate of some of those leaf players.

I really hope so. Looch better be on high alert. Hell, the whole team should be.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
And this is why fighting will never actually be gone. Little pukes like Kadri and Martin need to get tuned up.

Kadri will cower at anything physical toward him, guaranteed

And when the league does nothing like in this case it encourages vigilante justice IMO. Fighting doesn't solve these issues but doing something similar to one of their star players and then kicking their ass on top of it sends as good of a message as you can given the circumstances

i really didn't think it was possible for kadri not to get a hearing. but i guess we're the canucks...they're the leafs...and if kadri got another suspension he'd be in cooke/torres territory and the league would have to throw the book at him. so instead they do nothing.

****ing disgusting. i almost made a joke last night the league would do nothing (just like when andrew alberts had his career ended) but didn't because i actually didn't think it was possible.

At bare minimum it was a predatory hit. Kadri knew what he was doing and that Sedin was in a vulnerable spot. Hopefully Kadri gets the same "respect" from others around the league.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Would love to see Pedan re-called for this game.

Might as well, no one's afraid of Dorsett and Gudbranson didn't do **** last game and instead mouthed off in front of the media like an idiot so he's going to get tossed out of the next game as soon as he gives the refs a reason to. Plus this defense that Benning's assembled is a joke so I'd rather have a plug who can make the game fun in other ways.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah, honestly If I'm Kadri I'd be more afraid of playing EDM next game because of those 2 even though the hit on Daniel was much worse than Kadri just getting under the skin of McDavid. Dorsett isn't scaring anyone and Gudbranson is going after Martin.

Hell, I'd rather fight Dorsett than Maroon as well.

Hopefully Kadri gets his ass kicked in both games unless you know he is unable to play after the first ass kicking :D That said knowing this league if Kassian did to Kadri what Kadri did last night he'd get 10 games and a 5 minute major.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hopefully Kadri gets his ass kicked in both games unless you know he is unable to play after the first ass kicking :D That said knowing this league if Kassian did to Kadri what Kadri did last night he'd get 10 games and a 5 minute major.

For sure.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Gary Bettman will be in attendance, the league will have spoken to both teams and the game is going to be the most milquetoast thing this side of elevator music in a seniors home.

I doubt he will be there he may not get out safely after this last act of disrespect.
Vancouver fans are like his hated franchises assets good for being used to pay his inflated salary and nothing else.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
I'm very tempted to buy tickets to the game on Dec 3rd now... Even if we lose I expect it to be very entertaining. Hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad