Post-Game Talk: Leafs 6 - Canucks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
No doubt, there will be a quite a few suspensions after Dec 3rd. Just on the Canucks side though.

Will only help our draft pick selection in the end.

Leafs have more to lose - not sure why they wanted to start something against a team that has nothing to play for (especially in a game's outcome was already decided).

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
There's Vancouver and Toronto fans saying Kadri's hit was dirty. Fine. Fans saying if it happened to your star player, you'd be upset too. Yes. Fans saying the hit was illegal/should be a suspension. Well no. There's nothing illegal about the hit. Showing pictures of head contact after shoulder contact does not make it illegal. Saying the Leafs get preferential treatment from the league? No. Should Vancouver look at the 90's Leafs to realise when you don't throw in the towel soon enough and start a rebuild? Yes. Is Linden right to say the Canuck fans won't tolerate a rebuild? No. Look at the passion after this game. Think the fans will support this team through thick or thin. It's more likely the organisation wants to see one round of playoff revenue over a proper rebuild at a proper time while you can still get something for the ageing assets.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
There's Vancouver and Toronto fans saying Kadri's hit was dirty. Fine. Fans saying if it happened to your star player, you'd be upset too. Yes. Fans saying the hit was illegal/should be a suspension. Well no. There's nothing illegal about the hit. Showing pictures of head contact after shoulder contact does not make it illegal. Saying the Leafs get preferential treatment from the league? No. Should Vancouver look at the 90's Leafs to realise when you don't throw in the towel soon enough and start a rebuild? Yes. Is Linden right to say the Canuck fans won't tolerate a rebuild? No. Look at the passion after this game. Think the fans will support this team through thick or thin. It's more likely the organisation wants to see one round of playoff revenue over a proper rebuild at a proper time while you can still get something for the ageing assets.

it's a dirty hit and the rule needs to be changed. it's not suspendible as the league has made the rules saying so. the fact that head contact is made at all is enough to make it illegal. it isn't taking hitting out of the game. it is a dangerous hit that causes whiplash and concussions. luckily for Daniel it apparently didn't.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Hey guys, come be the leafs.

Suck for 10+ years, never make the finals and be a .500 team so you too can boast about how great times are.

They have some great young pieces in Hall, Eberle and Nuge. Or was it Gagner, Cogliano and Paajarvi. Or was it Kadri, Gardiner and Lupul.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
i really didn't think it was possible for kadri not to get a hearing. but i guess we're the canucks...they're the leafs...and if kadri got another suspension he'd be in cooke/torres territory and the league would have to throw the book at him. so instead they do nothing.
This. He's entering torres multiplier.

Fork

Mar 7, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
its really obvious the only reason there isnt a suspension is because the FORMER head of nhl discipline now works for the toronto maple leafs

this league is such a joke, no wonder i havent given them any money in years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad