Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4, Pens 3 - 30 Minutes Not Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
He says he would explain his thoughts but his 2 stanley cup rings are blocking his mouth.
Hope he enjoys them, only two he is getting and lets get real here, we need to stop living in the past and focus on the future, which, right now, looks a little shit

Reactions: Pens x

crossicepass

Sep 7, 2008
Here is how god AWFUL Sheahan was . . .

Sully gave him 5:55 at ES.

Sid played almost 23 minutes.

Oh holy ****, Geno played 24:04, including just over 19 minutes at ES. I'm sorry, but if Sully is playing Geno that much, it should tell you all you need to know about Sheahan.
Yes. Very disappointing. That and Reaves played more. Only by seven seconds, but still.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Toronto and Tampa Bay in the 2nd round of the playoffs will be fun.

Pens got badly outplayed in the first, but Jarry didn't do the pens any favors either, that 3rd goal was a bad goal.

Gigantic difference going into the 2nd period down 3-0 compared to 2-0.

Sid
Simon
Desmith

All had good games.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
No quit???

They need to learn how to start a game. Playing 15 mins isn't good enough for a "no quit" pat on the back.
Keep in mind their lazy gliding nearly cost the last NYR game.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
With Crosby, Malkin, Kessel and Guentzel playing upwards 25 min and practically everyone else playing 15 min or less, is asking for disaster....

Reactions: EightyOne and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
They still dominated Geno's line too. Thats what depth can do.

Malkin had a 60% CF, so, that line was playing defense against Geno's line a bit more often than not, but whatever . . .

With Crosby, Malkin, Kessel and Guentzel playing upwards 25 min and practically everyone else playing 15 min or less, is asking for disaster....

Geno could barely move at points AND he was being asked to do almost all the physical stuff and be the net front presence for his line.

Reactions: EliteGoaltending

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I can't remember ever seeing Sully that pissed.

It's about time he got that look in his eye.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

That’ll keep happening as Sully doesn’t trust a lot of guys at the moment. A lot of them for good reason

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
So can we stop with the “focus” argument?

Crosby and Malkin played 20+ minutes and we almost won the game. Anyone that doesn’t see the parallels to 14-15 or 13-14 is kidding themselves. This is entirely on our depth.

Malkin and Crosby can’t carry this team. And Reaves and Kuhn and etc can’t either. Honestly, if you have to trade a Sheary or Rust to shake up the room do it. Simon shouldn’t be the best player on the ice against the second best team in the East.

Reactions: KIRK

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
+ comeback attempt
+ Simon
+ Jake + Sid
+ DeSmith

- dog shit start
- Sully putting the team behind the 8-ball right off the bat with his dumb combos
- sloppy passing
- not playing the man in front of our own net

Reactions: td_ice

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
So can we stop with the “focus” argument?

Crosby and Malkin played 20+ minutes and we almost won the game. Anyone that doesn’t see the parallels to 14-15 or 13-14 is kidding themselves. This is entirely on our depth.

Malkin and Crosby can’t carry this team. And Reaves and Kuhn and etc can’t either. Honestly, if you have to trade a Sheary or Rust to shake up the room do it. Simon shouldn’t be the best player on the ice against the second best team in the East.

I respectfully disagree with this. Don't get me wrong, we need to add before the playoffs. But the first two minutes did us in. It's about not being positionally sound and staying with your man in D zone coverage. It's about making poor decisions with the puck and not paying attention to detail. Shoring up our fundamentals would go a long way IMO. If we don't remedy that it really doesn't matter who's playing.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Is it me or is that a little arrogant? Of course it's not going to be easy just because you won back to back cups.
Arrogant that the team seems to think games will be a cake walk? Sure. Arrogant of Geno to say they need to stop thinking that way? Nope.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Is it me or is that a little arrogant? Of course it's not going to be easy just because you won back to back cups.

I don’t think he meant it exactly like it came out. More a poor choice of words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad