Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4 - Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Very little beauty.

They played OK for stretches in the first and third. Leafs tendy played well, give that guy some credit.

It feels like what? This vast and empty sense of loss may emulate a stretch of bad luck highlighted in Dostoevsky's Gambler when, just on the tail end of the month when the protagonist squanders all of his roulette winnings on his completely false and cruel girlfriend (who metes out her favours with miserly affectation), she then dumps him for the next guy.

5c10dbe685600a35cc757b9a.gif

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
solid 1st
absolutely shit 2nd
moral-victory 3rd (score-effects)

shots were basically even after the 1st. 3-0 after two periods, ya the losing team will turn it up in the 3rd. Jets couldn't overcome an abysmal 2nd, thanks scheifele.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Jets played well enough to win, but sloppy turnovers and loose defense from 55, 80, and 4 ended up in the back of the net. Samsonov played well tonight.

This is the type of thing we can expect when the Jets don't control their line matchups. Their depth gets exposed, and they're pretty much .500 on the road. While I don't expect them to win every game, the types of games they lose on the road are disheartening. Looks like the Pens game is the exception, not the rule.

They need to be better. Much better. All of them.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
I appreciated the 3rd period fight, but how the f*** did the team just disappear like that in the 2nd?

We won 2/3 periods, but you cant f*** off for a whole period and expect to win...

Sorry gents. Im normally Calm and Collective, but the Jets need a big f******g WAKE UP CALL!

Thats 6 deplorable games in a row for me.
#BonesBagSkateTime

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I appreciated the 3rd period fight, but how the f*** did the team just disappear like that in the 2nd?

We won 2/3 periods, but you cant f*** off for a whole period and expect to win...
Sorry gents. Im normally Calm and Collective, but the Jets need a big f******g WAKE UP CALL!

Thats 6 deplorable games in a row for me.
#BonesBagSkateTime

How was the Penguins game deplorable?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
So, yeah, obviously the Jets sucked again tonight but I’m just happy that, in 1969, Stanley "Sam" August Miesegaes, a Dutch millionaire, ceased providing financial support to a band called The Joint, as he was disappointed with them.

Why do you ask? Because he gave that money to Rick Davies, who used it to form the band “Daddy,” which would later become the famous progressive rock band Supertramp. And we all know how amazing they are.

Dreamer! You stupid little dreamer! Can you put your hands on your head, oh no!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad