Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4 Bruins 1 | Leafs take 4 of 4 points in Home and Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Last night before the game Jim Tatti mentioned rumours a couple clubs were interested in Bozak? Anyone know where that comes from?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Jvr isn't walking. He's going to be re-upped at s fair deal that will utilize TML's deep pockets in making problems go away. He'll sign a back diving 8 year deal somewhere between 4.5-5.5 and when he becomes an issue he'll get sent to Arizona with a 2nd for a bag of pucks. Young 30-30 guys aren't easily replaced.

Reactions: francis246

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
I can see Bozak being moved in a deal for assets that are flipped for a defender. Maybe even our own 3 way deal.

This team has done well filling in the center role with Matthews out. Bozak won’t be a harder role to fill.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I really dont want to see JVR walk for nothing.

Me neither, but are the Leafs seriously going to consider trading JVR at the TDL and weaken the team for a potential playoff run? It’s possible, but we need more information on where the team is at. Once New Years hits I think that’s when tires will start getting kicked on any TDL deals.

Reactions: NoTouchIcing

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Me neither, but are the Leafs seriously going to consider trading JVR at the TDL and weaken the team for a potential playoff run? It’s possible, but we need more information on where the team is at. Once New Years hits I think that’s when tires will start getting kicked on any TDL deals.
Oh I agree, just the thought of losing a player of his caliber for no return really hurts!

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
It's funny but watching games it sometimes seems you'll pick up on attributes both good and bad, but it doesn't completely register until reading others assess the game.

Both Nith and yourself offer a perspective on the game that we've all just watched, sometimes key plays/players either failed to register, or your inner bias may be interfering.

I enjoy reading both feedback. Keeps me honest. Thanks for your effort. :thumbu:

Appreciate this alot thanks brutha !!

I'm not on the same level as @nithoniel but still i try cuz i wanna develop and improve. Also i wanna be someone who like you said brings up those plays or points.

Once again thanks homie

Reactions: nofehr

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
the return we're getting from jvr is a potential deep playoff run, man anything can happen once you in the playoffs, theres a ton of talent all over the roster and we're a tough out for anyone in a series...the return of a cup is greater than any return of picks, and its actually only the return for a slight higher chance of potentially winning a cup cause we can easily not win it all, and thats still worth it...jvr can get you a 1st and 2nd, but im more ready to offer a 1st and 2nd at deadline for some1 like a jvr or joe if sj start sucking, and really go for it

Reactions: francis246

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Jvr isn't walking. He's going to be re-upped at s fair deal that will utilize TML's deep pockets in making problems go away. He'll sign a back diving 8 year deal somewhere between 4.5-5.5 and when he becomes an issue he'll get sent to Arizona with a 2nd for a bag of pucks. Young 30-30 guys aren't easily replaced.
If that's the plan I'm fine with it because I don't want to lose this type of asset for nothing. Kept for this year means nothing to me if he walks. And if this is the case, I would recommend we start shopping Leivo. Chances are with a re-signed JVR and players like Kappy/Johnsson pushing he just isn't ever going to get in.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
all 3 are gonna walk. the leafs have winger depth for a reason.

delusional if you think the leafs are going to just fill three UFA spots with AHL guys. Not happening. Why do people think this team will not sign any future UFA's or make trades? It's been proven time after time that a fully young line up will not generate success. You need a balance

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
delusional if you think the leafs are going to just fill three UFA spots with AHL guys. Not happening. Why do people think this team will not sign any future UFA's or make trades? It's been proven time after time that a fully young line up will not generate success. You need a balance
well the leafs are gonna need cap space when the big 3 have to be re-signed. also, they have nhl ready guys in the minors in sosh and kap so why waste money on fa's unless they are dmen?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
well the leafs are gonna need cap space when the big 3 have to be re-signed. also, they have nhl ready guys in the minors in sosh and kap so why waste money on fa's unless they are dmen?

the cap will go up and I'm not convinced the big three is getting as much money as people think. I think Lou will sell most of these guys on ensuring they get contracts that fit the teams cap structure. I think Marner is looking at Drouin money, Nylander slightly above. Matthews will be the only guy over 7 million realistically.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
the cap will go up and I'm not convinced the big three is getting as much money as people think. I think Lou will sell most of these guys on ensuring they get contracts that fit the teams cap structure. I think Marner is looking at Drouin money, Nylander slightly above. Matthews will be the only guy over 7 million realistically.
yah thats probably whats gonna happen.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Especially the way they are playing.

Lou should not pay them too much. They can't score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad