Prospect Info: Leafs 2018 4th Rd Draft Pick (#118 OA) - Mac Hollowell (5'9", 170, D, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I had him as a potential 7th rounder. They liked him a lot more than I did.

He's definitely mobile and can really dance the blue line on the PP.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Okay enough with the Greyhounds connection Kyle. 5 ft 9 D man screams wasted pick to me sorry. First head scratcher for me.

Mar 12, 2009
Another over ager that we could have for free in a couple months.. 5'9. Thoroughly unimpressed with Dubas with this draft.
Likely would be drafted by someone else and no guarantee he'd sign when he'd have options ufa. I've seen him a bunch, he's ok but not really a fan in round 4.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Hunter Picks Overagers: A brilliant move to look at a market efficiency

Dubas Picks Overagers: Waste of Picks. So unimpressive
It would be nice if we could just access on merit, the Dubas crowd already praising everything he does, detractors going out of their way to criticize. Can our analysis not be a bit more sophisticated around here? So far Dubas is getting a pass from me, although a couple picks I don't like, a couple I do, and the trade down was a big win.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It would be nice if we could just access on merit, the Dubas crowd already praising everything he does, detractors going out of their way to criticize. Can our analysis not be a bit more sophisticated around here? So far Dubas is getting a pass from me, although a couple picks I don't like, a couple I do, and the trade down was a big win.

I 100% agree.

Unfortunately when people don’t know about a player they take that as a negative and hate the pick.

I know about Sandin, Stotts and Durzi, and they are good picks, even if it’s not who I would have personally picked. I don’t know much about the other 2, so I need to reserve judgement.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Actually it doesnt. Not a surprise the Hunter crowd is criticizing the picks
I'm not the Hunter crowd guy, I didn't like the move but I've long since moved forward and am entirely open minded about Dubas. Some of us aren't two dimensional, that you've taken sides says more about your insights than anything I could say...and yes you look silly but what else is new. Feel free to quote my pro Dubas comments.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I 100% agree.

Unfortunately when people don’t know about a player they take that as a negative and hate the pick.

I know about Sandin, Stotts and Durzi, and they are good picks, even if it’s not who I would have personally picked. I don’t know much about the other 2, so I need to reserve judgement.
We won't really know for years.

Reactions: Macallan18

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I've been fine with all the picks so far and have been trusting the judgement of Toronto management, but this pick made me just say "Waht the h*** was that?" An overage 5'9" defenceman? Are you serious? Does he really have any chance of becoming an NHL player? If not, why did we pick him?

This one is a real head scratcher...

This is pretty consistent with what we’ve seen under Shanahan...

Suddenly though because it’s more obvious how much influence Dubas is having we suddenly see fans “connecting the dots” where they couldn’t before and assume that because they see a pattern that must mean it’s a bad sign or something.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Seems like a bit of a reach to me

Kids seems pretty skilled but it's going to be interesting to see how someone this small adapts to pro leagues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad