Prospect Info: Leafs 2017 5th Rd Pick (#141 OA) - Fedor Gordeev - 6'6" 211lbs LHD - Flint (OHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
What i know about this pick is that every undrafted player in the NHL could have been a 7th rounder. There are ALWAYS NHLers on the draft board. I haven't got a clue personally, but i like the basic idea of having so many hagrids that one of them could turn out and be a cornerstone.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Again, it's nothing against Gordeev, Middleton, Mattinen, or any of the others, it just seems like we're throwing an awful lot of picks at one category of player.

He's not that kind of player.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
It's definitely interesting how many big d-men we're drafting, but most of us don't even know how good these kids actually are apart from their size. There's a big difference between a Parayko and a Mcquaid. There's no way to really judge until a few years down the line.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Bracco is about as likely as rasanen to have an NHL career of doesn't even know there is a dzone. I'd rather shoot for these big guys

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Obviously Bracco has value He was the best player in the mem cup.

Bracco>>>> Gordeev . Is anyone else disputing this?

That's probably why Bracco was picked in the 2nd and Gordeev in the later rounds? not really sure what your point is

Nobody is trading anything of value for Bracco... we maybe could have got a pick around where he was drafted if we were to trade him right now

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
1230111.jpg

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Bracco is about as likely as rasanen to have an NHL career of doesn't even know there is a dzone. I'd rather shoot for these big guys

At least Rasanen can actually skate and pass somewhat.

Drafting a player who A) can't skate and B) can't score is wasting everyone's time including the kids.

Some of these pick are pure politics and symbolism. Remember Barron Smith.

Seriously they should just trade every pick beyond round 4 next year.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
This is a real boom or bust pick. No problem with it really since we have a top 10 prospect pool already.

Leafs probably think if we can develop his skating, we hit on a really good piece of the blue line. If not he busts. We have some of the best training and development staff in the NHL too, worth a shot.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
At least Rasanen can actually skate and pass somewhat.

Drafting a player who A) can't skate and B) can't score is wasting everyone's time including the kids.

Some of these pick are pure politics and symbolism. Remember Barron Smith.

Seriously they should just trade every pick beyond round 4 next year.

We all wanted swing for the fences picks before the draft.

So they do it and we still complain. Yes he has zero offense and on paper it looks like a mediocre pick but they're swinging for the fences here.

Try and develop his offensive game, it's not like we're Vancouver with no prospects so we have to draft safe... if he busts then it sucks, but anyone in round 5/6/7 could bust. They must see something we don't, they've met the kid and already know his weaknesses. I'll wait to see if they can get offense out of him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad