Post-Game Talk: Leafs 2 vs Rangers 4: Another Step Closer

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
The math is a little off there. They have 27 regulation losses on the season. So how do they have 32 regulation losses in the last 41 games?

Bah. trusted a tweet for some insane reason...they actually seem that bad sometimes lol.

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
Hopefully Rielly learns from that mistake he made late.

Not like it really matters as far as the fact that it cost his team the game. In fairness to him, he doesn't screw up like that too often. Luke Schenn used to make mistakes like that constantly.

Anyway, the Leafs were far and away the superior team until Nick Spaling - piece of trash that he is - whacked a Rangers player with his stick for literally no reason whatsoever, putting the Rangers on the PP and halting TOR's momentum.

This guy is as bad a player as I've seen play for TOR... right up there with the likes of Clarkson, Wallin and Mike Craig.

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
Reimer should have started tonight. Easy game against the tired Rangers; he deserved a chance to bounce back with the rest of the team.

They must be "showcasing" Bernier lol...

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
For the second straight game, the Leafs did one goal better than I predicted.

I picked them to lose 7-1 to CHI and they lost 7-2. I picked them to lose 4-1 tonight; they lost 4-2.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Reimer should have started tonight. Easy game against the tired Rangers; he deserved a chance to bounce back with the rest of the team.

They must be "showcasing" Bernier lol...

Considering the large number of games played by Reimer recently, your last sentence is just wrong. Why the obsession about our goalies? Neither are worth it.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
It's a little before noon here in Manila, still unable to watch the game how was the team? Did Bernier deserve a better outcome than the stats indicate?

Too be honest he was never really challenged much. I wouldn't peg any of the goals as his fault, but I don't recall him making any big time saves either. Conversely Raanta did make them. I would classify his game as, meh.

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
I can't help but feel Rielly and Holland would have a LOT more points not playing with scrubs.

See Holland's pass to Grabner in the second period that Grabner failed to convert on? This guy creates chances like crazy for a player who plays with garbage. I hope the Leafs don't move him. I'd like to see what he can do with guys who can play.

Rielly sets guys up for tips/re-directions and rebound chances constantly and the stiffs manage to do something other than scoring.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Rielly plays 1 game without Hunwick and he was the best possession player in the game by far.

That late game turnover wasn't pretty but other than that, great game kid.

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
Rielly played a strong game until the game-away. It sucks that he was the one that coughed the puck up late since he hardly does that, but at the same time, it's better for him to have done it in a meaningless game than a meaningful one. He'll learn, I'm sure.

Spaling, on the other hand, is incorrigible. This idiot is like a one-man tank crew. A team that's destined to miss the playoffs should offer up a second rounder for him just for his tank value alone.

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
"I'm Nick Spaling. Some say I suck. I'm going to randomly high-stick this guy and put my team down five on three. That'll show 'em."

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
For some weird reason I dislike Hunwick as much as any player to ever don the Blue and White, yes Rielly except for that gaffe tonight looks very powerful and talented without that clown Hunwick dragging him down.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
For some weird reason I dislike Hunwick as much as any player to ever don the Blue and White, yes Rielly except for that gaffe tonight looks very powerful and talented without that clown Hunwick dragging him down.

Agreed.

Corrado is better than Hunwick

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016

I'm not a Hunwick fan, but I HATE Nick Spaling. Have I ever mentioned that? ;)

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I continuously reiterate, that I believe Rielly has Karlsson-like offensive potential, and I will stand by that for a while. There's so many times he just blows by guys, sets up chances and nobody can finish them. He's even developing a one timer and slapper now from what it seems. Without Hunwick bringing him down, he dominated in possession.

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
I continuously reiterate, that I believe Rielly has Karlsson-like offensive potential, and I will stand by that for a while. There's so many times he just blows by guys, sets up chances and nobody can finish them. He's even developing a one timer and slapper now from what it seems. Without Hunwick bringing him down, he dominated in possession.

Yeah, I agree. He creates a LOT offensively. It really is unfortunate that he's playing with a bunch of plumbers currently. Otherwise he'd have at least 8-10 more assists easily.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'm not a Hunwick fan, but I HATE Nick Spaling. Have I ever mentioned that? ;)

Nick doesn't get much appreciation for what he does do. He's an excellent PKer, FO and shutdown 3C. Should be no problem finding a taker needing a bottom 6 upgrade for a mid round pick.

Lifeisnice

Apr 23, 2014
Canada
Was at the game tonight and Rielly definitely looked like the best skater on the ice for both teams. He can go 0 to 60 faster and has a whole extra gear most guys don't. I was super impressed seeing him live

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad