Confirmed with Link: Leafs 2 John Scott 0

Number13

May 21, 2007
So he's Colton Orr? Don't be a tool.

27860543.jpg

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Carlyle is molding this team into one that's extremely tough and hard to play against. I remember that championship Anaheim team he molded was tough as nails and a pain to play against.

Kyle Doobas*

don't know what they are watching no way we are only winning 60% of our fights
Winning 64% and drawing 9%. Losing 27% (Orr to Westgarth, McLaren to Thorburn, Fraser to Foligno and MacDermid, Brown to Prust and Crombeen).

Nothing to sneeze at. It's pretty impressive to be leading the league in fights and still maintaining a top-3 winning percentage.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
John Scott makes Orr look like Gretzky.

For once I agreed with Jack Edwards when he said that "Scott is as close to an old-fashioned goon as you could get".
They are both terrible hockey players who are liabilities to their team outside of the niche they fill. Orr is more of a goon than Scott. Scott's just a good old fashioned enforcer, he's very classy. Doesn't take runs at guys, doesn't take cheap shots, he's just generally classy and follows the code pretty much to a T. Check out his interview after the fight with Scott, very classy. Orr's pretty much a goon (and I love it). He takes runs at players, takes cheap shots, he's full of much more disrespect and fire. If Scott had Orr's mentality he'd be ridiculously terrifying.

lampshade*

So he's Colton Orr? Don't be a tool.

Stupidest comment so far, there is no one in the NHL that is ever close to Orrs level as a enforcer. Scott fumbles his way over and asks Mclaren to fight. Orr showed in Mtl how a true enforcer acts. To even say Scott is a enforcer is laughable.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Love in the second fight seeing how closly Fraser is watching the action. Anyone think he may be "studying" for when Scott tries going after him? I mean Scott has already lost to our other two Leaf enforcers, think he may try for hat trick with Fraser?;)

Hawaiinleaf

Jan 4, 2011
Honolulu
Love Orr running Canadians...

Toronto under Burns was a tough as nails team and we played very well and went deep in the playoffs

This team has that potential we have the right coach and 80% of the players, Reilly is one thats missing but on the way, just need a big winger for top 6 and a big centre..

Donkey Puck

Feb 15, 2013
Scott is too nice of a guy....

to be a real enforcer. You gotta have a guy that might snap and hulk out if disrespected. Think Orr at the end of the Montreal game, or Probert every second of every shift he played.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
to be a real enforcer. You gotta have a guy that might snap and hulk out if disrespected. Think Orr at the end of the Montreal game, or Probert every second of every shift he played.

Probert was an animal. Genuinely nice guy too. Had a number of chances to share brews with him here in Windsor. He was also the prototype for Darren McCarty. A guy who could scrap with the best of'em, and contribute on the ice and in the room.

I had the pleasure of spending time with both of them. They're a lot more important than people give them credit for, for their respective teams.

Hawaiinleaf

Jan 4, 2011
Honolulu
I grew up watching global sports at University hoping to see Probie or Kocur in a scrap..

Its not there play alone that effects the entire team its the space and courage it gives smaller or more skilled players to push harder...

Last year we had none of that zero...

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
John Scott makes Orr look like Gretzky.

For once I agreed with Jack Edwards when he said that "Scott is as close to an old-fashioned goon as you could get".

Let's take a step back here. The only fighter on our team who seems to be playing well is Fraser I mean Macleren and Orr have had some pretty big defensive laps this year. Would not call them "regular shift." fighters.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Let's take a step back here. The only fighter on our team who seems to be playing well is Fraser I mean Macleren and Orr have had some pretty big defensive laps this year. Would not call them "regular shift." fighters.

Mclaren is a 0 and Orr is a +1. I don't know where the "defensive lapses" come from. +/- isn't a good statistic for most situations but in this one it shows perfectly that both can play a regular shift. Especially Orr playing a couple of games on the third line with Kadri and MacArthur and still coming out a plus

ForSpareParts*

The same John Scott who KO'd Bruins enforcer Shawn Thornton earlier this year, isn't doing so well against our tough guys.

Jan 21 - TKO

Feb 21 - On Points

hard to judge which i like better.

i kind of love all the Canadiens beat-downs.

Go Leafs Go!

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Mclaren is a 0 and Orr is a +1. I don't know where the "defensive lapses" come from. +/- isn't a good statistic for most situations but in this one it shows perfectly that both can play a regular shift. Especially Orr playing a couple of games on the third line with Kadri and MacArthur and still coming out a plus

I can recall our fourth line getting hemmed into their zone numerous times during the start of the season. I like Maclaren and Orr and have nothing against fighters but to think they are in a different world than Scott seems odd. I mean none of them are Shawn Thornton who can play a good 11-14 mins a night.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00