Rumor: Leafs “actively shopping” Connor Carrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
But the "eye test" is just a mechanism people use to confirm their own biases and is therefore actively detrimental.

No. When a player waves at players, avoids contact, and goes the whole game without finishing a check. There is only one conclusion: they are not a physical player and they don't care to go in the "dirty areas". I don't see that as a bias. If you see a player constantly avoiding contact what other conclusion can you come up with?

Last edited:

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Advanced stats guys keep using the term "sheltered role"....my eyes tell me that in an NHL game, there are very few shelered role situations. Sure... you can put him out in a situation you are comfortable with....then he's stuck on the ice due to an icing, and poof...no more shelter....just a **** storm.

Yes thats what makes the game interesting and why there is a coach for every team lol or else you wouldnt need a coach and just send out amazing player after amazing player after amazing player etc etc you get the point. It's line matching 101 and obviously if your team stinks up a bad icing you deserve to get punished for it.

By sheltered role it means generally not against other teams top point producers which not every player can consistently cover to a high level unless your a #1/2 D. Any teams 3rd pairing will get dusted on a consistent basis against other teams top lines, its literally logic and thats why teams have coaches to strategize amongst the in game changes needed.

You will never take out situations where ...o damn an icing now were screwed because we have a tired group of players abcde on against their best squad rested. Thats hockey.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs may shopping but no one is buying. Carrick might be a guy that stays in the NHL/AHL for the next five years as 6/7/8/9 Dman. Seems likes good guy but don't think he's a regular NHLer.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
No. When a player waves at players, avoids contact, and goes the whole game without finishing a checks. There is only one conclusion: they are not a physical player and they don't care to go in the "dirty areas". I don't see that as a bias. If you see a player constantly avoiding contact what other conclusion can you come up with?

Are you watching the same Connor Carrick?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I’m sure every team would trade their 8th or 9th best dman for something of value...

But much like Pickard, who the Leafs wanted to trade earlier this summer, there’s no value here.

There is value, he's a good D that would be a decent #6 or #7 on a lot of teams, the only reason there isn't much value at this particular moment is because teams likely know he's headed to waivers where they can pick him up for free.

I like Carrick, he's a good D. Way better than Polak who he was scratched for a lot of the time last season but Ozhiganov kind of stole his spot.

Reactions: Mork

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Nope.

Just some arrogant Leafs fans...

PS: At least 31 of the first 50 posts of this thread were from Leafs fans.
lol the player plays for the leafs so what if we post about a player on you know the leafs, your the one that sounds arrogant...... calling leaf fans that give it a rest.

Reactions: Sundinisagod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad