OT: Leaf Lounge v.CXXXVI - Bringing Sexy Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Hmm so one of my teachers is giving us the option to stick with our mark to date, and it becomes our final mark in the course. But we can also do the final test and try to improve our mark. I'm sitting at a 78.5 , so I would have to get 16/20+ in order for my mark to go up. I also have 5 other tests next week, so one less test to study for would be a big help. Usually they bump you up to the next grade if your mark is close , so it would go up to a 80. What would you guys do ?

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
if you have the opportunity to NOT take a test without your mark going down, ya take it. (the opportunity, not the test)

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
An 80 looks miles better than a 78.5. Take the test

Well that's only if I get over an 80 on the test, if I get lower then 78.5 my mark goes down. Also like I said , they usually bump you up to the next 10 grade ( 60,70,80) if you're 1 or 2 marks away, so I would most likely end up with an 80 anyhow. Think I'm gonna pass on it .

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
Well that's only if I get over an 80 on the test, if I get lower then 78.5 my mark goes down. Also like I said , they usually bump you up to the next 10 grade ( 60,70,80) if you're 1 or 2 marks away, so I would most likely end up with an 80 anyhow. Think I'm gonna pass on it .
What kind of easy ass school are you attending? :laugh:

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Girls hockey is so bad. My ex played for one of the top midget AA teams in the country last season so I forgot how bad normal girls midget hockey actually is.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Posted this in the main lounge, but I wanna get more coverage on this situation, so I might as well post it here too:

Well, I got a bit of a dilemma that I kind of pushed aside for a couple of days but right now it's gotten my mental state worse and I feel I just need some advice for how to get through this situation.

Anyways, there's this one girl in my class (that is on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons) that I frequently sit beside during lectures. I've had some pleasant conversations with her and we seem to have quite a few common interests (as well as the both of us trying to major in the same program). I also spent some time with her in the library after class. I've started to grow an attraction to this girl, and I want to try to approach her about a relationship. Here's the problem. This past weekend was when I decided that I wanted to explore a relationship with her. The problem is that she wasn't in class today and I'm freaking out that I won't be able to at least confront her about my feelings since we only have two more classes left. Another problem is all I have in the way of her info is her first name. Nothing else. I haven't any way of contacting her (no phone number, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit etc) other than in person. I'm scared that she won't come for the final two classes and that I'll never see her again.

If you have any experience of being in this type of situation or have a good instinct for what should be done, please advice. No troll suggestions please (hax/stalking), serious advice. As embarrassing as this is to admit, I've never been in a romantic relationship before either, so I have no experience even asking any girl out, so if you have any good advice on what to say to her, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I wouldn't worry about it until its the last day and she doesn't show up. And if that's the case, I'm sure Baarle or someone can teach you how to find her on FB using little tidbits of her information like first name, and location. :laugh:

Don't let her be the great white buffalo!

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
I wouldn't worry about it until its the last day and she doesn't show up. And if that's the case, I'm sure Baarle or someone can teach you how to find her on FB using little tidbits of her information like first name, and location. :laugh:

:biglaugh:

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
anigif_enhanced-buzz-24490-1384447435-30.gif

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612

:biglaugh:

Amazing.

To be fair, I only have you on FB I think and that's because we actually had some people in common :P

Not sure how many of you guys, if any at all, follow the Champions League but Ajax's win over Barca today was an amazing match. Atmosphere was great at the AmsterdamArena.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Not sure how many of you guys, if any at all, follow the Champions League but Ajax's win over Barca today was an amazing match. Atmosphere was great at the AmsterdamArena.
I saw that some guy fell from the stands onto the track while celebrating a goal and then the two ambulances that tended to him crashed into each other while exiting the track.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Posted this in the main lounge, but I wanna get more coverage on this situation, so I might as well post it here too:

Typically you'd have access to a classlist? I know when I was in University I could see a list of everyone in my class pretty much whenever. But then again I was in media studies.

You could always ask your prof for one - I'm sure he'd be quite tickled at your love affair

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
A couple of things. Well first, your situation is not bad at all. I'd imagine you are probably in your first year of university and this is the first girl you've met (or have liked), and therefore place a ton of importance on her. Maybe more than you should. I say this because you will run into many opportunities where girls are present.

But anyway,

1) Do not get into relationship talk or even think of her as a girlfriend without going on any kind of actual date (i.e., not in a school setting, and where you both know it is a date). Otherwise, it'll just be awkward with you liking her and her perhaps feeling differently.

I would suggest getting her number, and either a) getting together to study for finals (and then progressing from there) or b) suggesting you two should do something now that class is over, and that you probably won't see each other.

2) When you meet a girl again, try to obtain some form of contact information early on. Just let this be a lesson. It should be easy with classmates since you can just rely on utility purposes (notes if one of you miss class, didn't get something in lecture, etc).

EDIT: Whoever has next thread, go for it.

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
A couple of things. Well first, your situation is not bad at all. I'd imagine you are probably in your first year of university and this is the first girl you've met (or have liked), and therefore place a ton of importance on her. Maybe more than you should. I say this because you will run into many opportunities where girls are present.

But anyway,

1) Do not get into relationship talk or even think of her as a girlfriend without going on any kind of actual date (i.e., not in a school setting, and where you both know it is a date). Otherwise, it'll just be awkward with you liking her and her perhaps feeling differently.

I would suggest getting her number, and either a) getting together to study for finals (and then progressing from there) or b) suggesting you two should do something now that class is over, and that you probably won't see each other.

2) When you meet a girl again, try to obtain some form of contact information early on. Just let this be a lesson. It should be easy with classmates since you can just rely on utility purposes (notes if one of you miss class, didn't get something in lecture, etc).

EDIT: Whoever has next thread, go for it.

Yes sir.

edit: New thread up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad