OT: Leaf Lounge #145: The Man, The Myth, The Legend. Corey Schwab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2010
Ugh I gotta start looking for a summer job soon, ***** gunna suck.

I'm getting anxious to get back to work myself. 4 weeks today I should be back in the rat race. That's really going to cut into my Civ 5 playing.

If you want to pick up lots of girls when you go back to school, get a job as a construction labourer, or a landscaper. Something outside where you get tanned and toned. Labouring for a crew that does house foundations builds lots of muscle. Hauling around cinder block and mortar all day is a great workout.

If the first week doesn't kill you.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Also, unpaid/small honorarium internships. That's just nonsense. Funnily enough, it's always the multi-billion dollar corporations with the worst internships. MLSE was offering $75 a week to people who wanted to intern there. A WEEK.

Yup. The larger the corporation the more prestigious the internship, so less compensation. Typically how it works.

"The value, benefits and skills learned working at camp out-weigh the monetary benefits you may receive at other jobs and this job is meant for those who have a true passion for the camp experience."

This is just so lol to me.

If you want to pick up lots of girls when you go back to school, get a job as a construction labourer, or a landscaper. Something outside where you get tanned and toned. Labouring for a crew that does house foundations builds lots of muscle. Hauling around cinder block and mortar all day is a great workout.

If the first week doesn't kill you.

These jobs actually compensate well relative to the trap of slave labour set by big corporate.

Screw corporations, man. They make me sick.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I'm thinking of going to the safeTalk training and applies suicide intervention skills training workshops from the canadian mental health association. One is 3 hours and the other is two days. Actually really interested.

Apr 1, 2010
These jobs actually compensate well relative to the trap of slave labour set by big corporate.

Screw corporations, man. They make me sick.
For someone in school looking for a summer job you can make good money in the construction industry.

I worked for the A & P corp when I was younger. In a store with 30+ employees there were only 5 full time workers and that includes the manager and assistant manager. everyone else was kept as part time to avoid paying benefits. They would schedule you for only 32hrs a week to maintain your part time status. I worked 40hrs a week probably 3 weeks every month. I was full time in every way but the way that counted.

Compare that to a non-unionized store I worked at for my first job, there were about 25 full time employees in a store of about 50 employees.

Big companies use every loophole available to save money. That usually means ****ing over the little guy. I'm with you, screw the corporations.

Apr 1, 2010
I'm thinking of going to the safeTalk training and applies suicide intervention skills training workshops from the canadian mental health association. One is 3 hours and the other is two days. Actually really interested.

Good luck. I could never do that. Talking all day to people who want to kill themselves... jeez if I want to do that I'll just go to the Canucks boards. :D

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Good luck. I could never do that. Talking all day to people who want to kill themselves... jeez if I want to do that I'll just go to the Canucks boards. :D

They don't all want to kill themselves. Sometimes they just need somebody to talk to, some support.

And as a teen i doubt I would be allowed to talk to anyone actually contemplating suicide :laugh: its just a training thing. It would be a nice addition to my resume to say I'm qualified. And plus I am interested in the field. So I'm all for some education that I actually care to learn.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I've worked for corporations for years now and I'm not going to complain about them at this point as they do compensate me well for my services. But while I was a student hoping to make some money in the summer and beef up my resume, they were the devil. It was extremely difficult but I somehow managed in the long-run.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I have 4 assignments due between Wednesday and Thursday. Have not started a single one. I can't decide whether to stay home and get cracking on them or go celebrate St. Patrick's day. :cry:

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
I have 4 assignments due between Wednesday and Thursday. Have not started a single one. I can't decide whether to stay home and get cracking on them or go celebrate St. Patrick's day. :cry:
Stay home and work on them while getting hammered.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
They're good workshops. I have sat in on about an hour of the SafeTalk and a good portion of a similar 2-day Mental Health in-service that CMHA offers.

Definitely heavy topics, but very interesting and I've found CMHA does a very good job training their facilitators.

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012
Hi Leafs fans. I didn't know where to put this, but I will ask here anyway.

I am planning a trip to Toronto and have always wanted to see a rivalry game vs. the habs. Right now the best prices I can find are 130 dollars for standing room tickets. I am going by myself and have delt with scalpers before. I guess I'm just not really sure how it works up there :)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Wit Scalpers?

You go to the arena, go up to the guy shouting "tickets! Tickets!" And buy a ticket. They won't be cheap.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
They're good workshops. I have sat in on about an hour of the SafeTalk and a good portion of a similar 2-day Mental Health in-service that CMHA offers.

Definitely heavy topics, but very interesting and I've found CMHA does a very good job training their facilitators.
Yeah I hope I like it. Thanks. Never bad to be trained in this area.

Ouuu The Maze Runner trailer got released. Atleast shown on tv. So psyched. The movie I hope is good, but nothing can replace the first two books in the series. Books are always better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad