GDT: Leaf burning today! Yard work to commence at 7:00PM @ Saddledome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Why the hell do you take a rinaldo out over Janko... I mean janko was ok last game but still. Don’t like it. I’m sure Rinaldo understands his role though.

Probably solely because of the PK. Like it or not Toronto has a pretty scary PP and Janko has way more time practicing the PK with the Flames than Rinaldo does.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Delete please I messed up my gif

59833cb31377c3c6c5000001.png

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Should be a good game, Leafs fans have told me they have a good defensive core and their forwards are near, nay, are perfect and Andersen is the best goalie in the league.

*looks up standings and stats*

Notsureifserious.gif

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
"Matthew Tkachuk will be a game-time decision tonight as the Flames open a four-game homestand against the Toronto Maple Leafs (7 p.m. MT; Sportsnet West, Sportsnet 960 THE FAN).

Tkachuk, who missed Tuesday's win over the Arizona Coyotes with an upper-body injury, was back in his usual spot on the top line with Elias Lindholm and Andrew Mangiapane at the morning skate

"I feel good," Tkachuk said. "Had a good skate, had some work done this morning. I'll get some more work in before the game and then we'll decide once I get to the rink - probably before the team meeting."

If Tkachuk does play, it appears that Zac Rinaldo will be the odd-man out, based on the morning line rushes.

"We haven't made our decision on the lineup yet," cautioned interim head coach Geoff Ward. "We've got extra bodies coming back now, we've got guys that are called up now, so we put guys together."

PROJECTED LINEUP - FLAMES VS. MAPLE LEAFS

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
"Matthew Tkachuk will be a game-time decision tonight as the Flames open a four-game homestand against the Toronto Maple Leafs (7 p.m. MT; Sportsnet West, Sportsnet 960 THE FAN).

Tkachuk, who missed Tuesday's win over the Arizona Coyotes with an upper-body injury, was back in his usual spot on the top line with Elias Lindholm and Andrew Mangiapane at the morning skate

"I feel good," Tkachuk said. "Had a good skate, had some work done this morning. I'll get some more work in before the game and then we'll decide once I get to the rink - probably before the team meeting."

If Tkachuk does play, it appears that Zac Rinaldo will be the odd-man out, based on the morning line rushes.

"We haven't made our decision on the lineup yet," cautioned interim head coach Geoff Ward. "We've got extra bodies coming back now, we've got guys that are called up now, so we put guys together."

PROJECTED LINEUP - FLAMES VS. MAPLE LEAFS

I’m confident he’ll want to play against the mighty leaves. :naughty:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I’m confident he’ll want to play against the mighty leaves. :naughty:
I'm sure he does. I mean who wouldn't want to compete against arguably the best center, and certainly the highest paid center, in the NHL.... and all those other stars. Hopefully Chucky (and the rest of the team too), can keep his/their excitement in check and not get too nervous playing against the next Stanley Cup champions.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Being in Ontario, living an hour from Toronto, and having many friends as Leaf fans this is one of the biggest games of the year for me.
I hate the Leafs as much as I hate the Oilers and Canucks.
Please Flames, win this game.
Go Flames Go.

Reactions: super6646

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I want to see a hard and constant forecheck by the Flames. The Leafs D isn't that good and they'll cough up the puck if pressured hard and long enough. Hit them where they're weakest. Also lets get bodies in front of Freddie Andersen. He can't stop what he can't see.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Saw a clip where Monahan said the system is not much different but there is a change in the way they backcheck...aside from the obvious joke that may be inserted here...what would that change be?

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Is it just me or is the blue bar from quotes 4 times the regular size. That thiccness

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Is it just me or is the blue bar from quotes 4 times the regular size. That thiccness
I just went and took a look at quotes made months ago... the bar is the same size. Its you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad