Le Retour des Nordiques Partie XIII: L'espoir renait

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaPantherSwe*

You shouldnt believe all you heard at radio/TV swe ;-)

In the end, not only Viola holds all the cars, he holds all the decks.

Wishing you luck, and not wakin up your team left like I did in 95, in the same "we need help from city and they are deniying" scheme.

And thats because swe, you're certainly are a die hard fan. The fan who doenst show because he know must pay parking dont deserve my sympathy.

You are reasonable i like you. I really hope Qubecc gets a team im not against its just that in a discussion like this it always helps to hear out both sides

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Your points simply consisted of disagreeing with me, so what should I say in retort?

Yes, attendance has always been poor and the Panthers are still here. Yes, this is Season 1 of Viola's re(birth/brand/start) of the Panthers and so we should not interpret the ongoing lack of marketing and customer service as indicating anything different.

Here's the difference between now and every other season:

There's a beautiful arena being finished in the heart of a ravenous hockey fanbase, and it's sponsored by a massive corporation that just lined the NHL's pockets with 120M to broadcast NHL games to that fanbase. That may be the only thing that's changed, BUT it's a massive, massive change.

There is not a single, rational person out there who would argue that a team in Florida would be as profitable as a team in Quebec. Sorry, but it's just not true.

So, what would inspire the NHL to keep the Panthers in Florida AND an NHL arena empty in Quebec? I'd like to hear your response to that question.

The arena was ready in Quebec this year and they aren't getting a team. The vote was delayed by the County not because of their incompetence but because the Panthers purposely withheld documents to give Babich and co more time to work on them.

The argument that Viola can't turn it around is valid. The argument that Viola wants to sell and bought with intent to sell has been soundly disproved at this point.

FlaPantherSwe*

Its a matter of not taking everything emotive or .. may be I'am old? :laugh:

I am.:wally: like Killion ....

I hear you. If/when you get team back i sure hope its not in this jersey :laugh:

QuebecNordiquesunused1996-97F.jpg

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
The arena was ready in Quebec this year and they aren't getting a team. The vote was delayed by the County not because of their incompetence but because the Panthers purposely withheld documents to give Babich and co more time to work on them.

The argument that Viola can't turn it around is valid. The argument that Viola wants to sell and bought with intent to sell has been soundly disproved at this point.

I live in Quebec City and the arena was not ready in September 2014... :shakehead

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
5,5,million market, more money in Florida as a state, more buissness partners, Montreal alrdy having majority of Qubecc market, shall i go on?

You clearly have never spent any time in Quebec. Or, apparently, Canada for that matter, if you think that the population of a city is more important than whether or not that population gives one iota about the sport.

FlaPantherSwe*

You clearly have never spent any time in Quebec. Or, apparently, Canada for that matter, if you think that the population of a city is more important than whether or not that population gives one iota about the sport.

Keep ignoring some facts why NHL would be interested to be in Florida

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012

How has it been disproved? By Viola saying he intends to keep the team in Florida? What do you expect him to say? "I've bought the team with the intentions of selling it to a group that wants to move it"?

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
Keep ignoring some facts why NHL would be interested to be in Florida

I've never ignored the facts. I have no doubt that the NHL WANTS a successful team in Florida. It also wanted a successful team in Atlanta, and it wants one in Phoenix. But all of those reasons can't mask the facts about the lack of fan support in South Florida, nor can they mask the facts about how much more successful a team would be in Quebec's new arena. That's all I've been arguing all along.

I truly feel for the loyal Panthers fans I see at the games. But right now you and I are looking at the same facts and coming to different conclusions. We shall see what the future holds.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Notice:

People?... we ask only for civility here, and that you keep this thread on topic. Remember that.

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
People?... we ask only for civility here, and that you keep this thread on topic. Remember that.

This thread is about the NHL returning to Quebec, and I'm arguing that the Panthers are the most likely source for said NHL franchise. I'm not sure how that is off topic. Je peux utiliser l'autre langue officielle, si on prefere.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
I like how every Nordiques thread starts out the same... with some dodgy French that requires cleaning up. :laugh:

;)

Give'em credit, in the end, they're so close to perfection :handclap:

Vous êtes cool guys!

I had nothing to do with it this time! :laugh: And, you regulars were offline when the old thread came to close... so there's that! :p:

try none, Fenway, the prime tenant is the Rermparts, and what NHL franchise realistically IS available, if Sunrise Sports/Entertainment owns both the franchise and the BB& T Center, why would that arena become a "White elephant"?

Neither Sunrise Sports and Entertainment, nor the Panthers, own BB&T. They control the Lease. Broward County owns the building. Just clarifying that.

The vote was delayed by the County not because of their incompetence but because the Panthers purposely withheld documents to give Babich and co more time to work on them.

Absolutely correct, 'Hanzal.

For our QC regulars, when is there supposed to be an announcement regarding content being added to the schedule?

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
Reminds me of the infamous PHX title contests we had in the past.. Ah, those good ol' days!

Now, regarding the new arena: Radio silence.

Well, not really, they were supposed to announce some sort of programming, shows etc... in february, and then never showed.

Speculate anything from we're dragging feet to we're negociating sometin with NY offices or ????

A sort of time vortex.

9b4b0c5257590cc1f2d70a7e4883c.jpg

... for posterity

Last edited:

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
I had nothing to do with it this time! :laugh: And, you regulars were offline when the old thread came to close... so there's that! :p:

Neither Sunrise Sports and Entertainment, nor the Panthers, own BB&T. They control the Lease. Broward County owns the building. Just clarifying that.

Absolutely correct, 'Hanzal.

For our QC regulars, when is there supposed to be an announcement regarding content being added to the schedule?

Benoit Robert said in december there should be announcements regarding content by march. So right about now.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
To watch a Remparts game. :laugh:

Why do you say that as if it was a bad thing? I find Junior Hockey to be a better show then the AHL and a lot more interesting (with most AHL players liable to be recalled at almost any time).

What's wrong if we fill the new Colisee for the Remparts rather then the NHL for a little while? Winnipeg did it with the Moose for years before they got the NHL, didn't they? And they enjoyed it!

Ain't nothing wrong with that!

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Why do you say that as if it was a bad thing? I find Junior Hockey to be a better show then the AHL and a lot more interesting (with most AHL players liable to be recalled at almost any time).

What's wrong if we fill the new Colisee for the Remparts rather then the NHL for a little while? Winnipeg did it with the Moose for years before they got the NHL, didn't they? And they enjoyed it!

Ain't nothing wrong with that!

Not a bad thing... I was just in the QC a couple of months ago and unfortunately didn't get a chance to catch a game. I did buy a Remparts hat though!

I was just referring to the uncertainty of the Nords return and the idea that catching a game in the new barn might necessarily involve the Remparts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad