LD Vladislav Gavrikov (2015, 159th, CBJ)

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Because SKA, who have plenty of money, want to be on good terms with him if his NA career doesn't work out. If you can keep the player happy why not do it. Why would he take a pay cut mid-season when he's having a career year?
Ah, ok. So it was like - "Can i get a raise because me and my wife are going to live on ELC money for next 2 years"?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Does signing the contract now burn off a year of his entry level deal since its already the playoffs? Depth is good but unless Harrington plays a stinker he wont get in

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I really wanted him in his draft year as a 5th-7th rounder, I liked what I saw internationally. I am curious how he does in the NHL.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Thread can be closed IMO. He will be a roster player going forward.

It can be closed when he has surpassed a certain amount of NHL games, he might still be rotated among the Blue Jackets other defenders and their season might be done soon.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Frankly looked like the Jackets best defenseman out there. He's big, responsible and can skate. I have a feeling he's going to be better than good.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
He won't be better, than Jones, but there is a good chance, he'll be better, than Werenski and others.

I'm not ready to say he'll be better than Werenski, but Gavrikov was the best D-man playing outside of the NHL until he came to Columbus and his play has solidified my belief that he'll be a pretty good one for the Blue Jackets.

With Gavrikov's arrival the Blue Jackets' defense could be amongst the best in the league next season.

Werenski - Jones¸
Gavrikov - Nutivaara
Murray - Savard
Kukan

That's a lot of depth and top-end talent and, to booth, the oldest of them is Savard who'll only be 29 next year, so Columbus should be good for the next little while.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018

I think he's looked good, with some noticeable growing pains and a few lazy moments that I am sure will be righted under Torts. What's funny is I didn't see much of those in the playoffs, but this season it's a bit more highlighted. He's a smart player. He's played like a bottom pairing defender but you can totally see the potential, especially in the Hawks game I saw. He was very good.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How is Gavrikov looking so far this season?

I think he's looked good, with some noticeable growing pains and a few lazy moments that I am sure will be righted under Torts. What's funny is I didn't see much of those in the playoffs, but this season it's a bit more highlighted. He's a smart player. He's played like a bottom pairing defender but you can totally see the potential, especially in the Hawks game I saw. He was very good.

The consensus among Jackets fans is that Gavrikov has been excellent defensively. I'd say he's right up there with Savard and Jones in terms of defensive play. Looks like Gavrikov will be a top of the line shutdown defender with decent puck moving ability.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
The consensus among Jackets fans is that Gavrikov has been excellent defensively. I'd say he's right up there with Savard and Jones in terms of defensive play. Looks like Gavrikov will be a top of the line shutdown defender with decent puck moving ability.

I just don't see this. There's no way Gav is even close to Seth in terms of defensive ability. Savard, sure. #3? no way. I see Gavrikov's potential being no more than a 2nd pairing defenseman with very minimal offensive output.

we'll just have to agree to disagree, major and that's okay :) I respect your opinions!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I just don't see this. There's no way Gav is even close to Seth in terms of defensive ability. Savard, sure. #3? no way. I see Gavrikov's potential being no more than a 2nd pairing defenseman with very minimal offensive output.

we'll just have to agree to disagree, major and that's okay :) I respect your opinions!

I agree that he's probably not going to be more than a 2nd pairing guy, because he lacks the offensive instincts. But on defensive ability alone I think we have a special player in Gavrikov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad