LD Toni Utunen - Tappara, Liiga (2018, 130th, VAN)

axepig

Jul 14, 2014
When I was him at Hlinka he didn't look good at all, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt cause I only watched 1 or 2 game of his. I know a lot of people have praised him for his tournament

Also, the average of all rankings so far have him 67 OA, the highest he was ranked was 57 and lowest was 85.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Interesting to see where he ends up going in the draft. Great U18s in a shutdown role(+12 with only one goal against) and scored good amount of points in Mestis. Probably would've played most of the year in Liiga if he was in any other team than Tappara.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Small size, average skating. I wouldn't waste a pick for him.
The biggest Tappara hater commenting there. I myself have pretty great dislike towards Tappara, as I support their rivals Ilves, but even I can fairly admit when some of their players are truly talented, like Laine before and pretty good young defender like Utunen is. Your bias towards Kärpät players and against Tappara players is really obvious and sad.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
The biggest Tappara hater commenting there. I myself have pretty great dislike towards Tappara, as I support their rivals Ilves, but even I can fairly admit when some of their players are truly talented, like Laine before and pretty good young defender like Utunen is. Your bias towards Kärpät players and against Tappara players is really obvious and sad.
It doesn't matter what team he's from. His weaknesses are still weaknesses. He's worse than Pokka who has and had the same weaknesses.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
can't believe the Flames passed on this guy three times

Good pick Vancouver

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
He may not amount to much, I am certainly not expecting him to, but to get the captain of the Finnish WJC team in the fifth round seems like a solid value.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

SpinninRodIntoArmpit

Apr 8, 2015
Having seen most of his games this season, I'd describe him as a modern defensive defenceman. Quite boring in that he is very solid on his own end, almost always goes for the easy opening pass and rarely is put of position. He often joins the game in the offensive zone, but nothing ever comes out of it, because of subpar shot and just dumping the puck into the corners. Just a bland player, but imo deserves bigger minutes in Liiga because he is at least safe unlike most of Tappara's d-men have been this season. Could see him as a bottom-4 stay-at-home guy in NHL at some point (although he is still very young so who knows what sort of offensive powerhouse he'll turn into).

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
After Hughes and Juolevi, maybe Canucks best D prospect, maybe Woo is better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad