LD Tobias Björnfot - Djurgårdens IF, SWE JRs (2019, 22nd, LAK)

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
If we talking from pure contract point, I guess it is better that he stays up this and burn 1 year of his ELC. Otherwise Kings have to resign him, Turcotte, Kaliyev, Byfield same summer if Byfield makes it next year
If he burns this year, it will be him, Fagemo and Kupari?. Maybe i bit easier?
Next summer would be Vilardi and JLD?
Im just hipshooting, not an Kings-expert

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I dont think he will ever win a Norris.

I am anyway against these trophies, all star games and anthems for years already. What a waste of time,

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If we talking from pure contract point, I guess it is better that he stays up this and burn 1 year of his ELC. Otherwise Kings have to resign him, Turcotte, Kaliyev, Byfield same summer if Byfield makes it next year

Yeah I thought about this in another thread too, ELCs are nice, but Kings actually kind of need to stagger some of these guys anyway, so I don't think that should be a major consideration in a player sticking or not. Plus it's not like he'll get a monster contract.

Playing with a steady guy like Roy on our 2nd pairing and crushing it is as good an environment to learn as any, he'll still get 18-20 minutes thankfully (which helps peel DD's minutes down) and learn from some of the best.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles

We will have the cap space to re-sign every one of our RFA's in the next 2 off-seasons, and then some more room.

Once Brown & Carter come off the books at the end of next season, I believe, at that time, the only players we will have over 30 will be Doughty, Kopitar, Quick. Next oldest would be Iafollo at 29 (assuming he is still here). I am pretty sure, barring signing more vets (which I'm not opposed to), we would be the youngest team in the league

Short of Blake doing something stupid, there should be no cap issues signing all our own players.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I've always been impressed by Bjornfot. Not flashy, but so solid for a young player. He is going to be one of the core top 4 D men in LA for years to come. Solid pick at 22. Here is a stat that stands out.

98:58 mins even strength, 0GA. GA60 0.00

He is only 19 years old with 9 NHL games under his belt but plays like seasoned vet. Wondering what his ceiling might end up being if he continues this development path.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
No need to hold him down in the minors just to slide a year.

The minors are for development/temporary roster management (i.e. not putting someone else on waivers unnecessarily). Not for stuffing guys who can handle the workload.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad