Proposal: LD to Boston

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Would gladly do Pettersson for Debrusk. Think a change of scenery could be good for both players and teams.

Not sure what would need to be added, maybe a pens 4th-6th pick due to the salary Petts has.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Would gladly do Pettersson for Debrusk. Think a change of scenery could be good for both players and teams.

Not sure what would need to be added, maybe a pens 4th-6th pick due to the salary Petts has.

Outsider, but it might work need and value wise. Contract wise? Other posters would know better than me, on how that all fits.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Well they would've still had to give up an asset to "work something out", and we're not privy to what kind of ask there may have been. Not sure I see a significant difference between doing a deal before or after the draft, at least with the limited info we have.
Well it can change how you approach the draft and free agency . Just like not knowing what Krecji was doing until after the draft and free agency signings, it might seem insignificant and it might be when all is said and done , but I think it gives the team a better approach when you know what you have. I also think Lauzon is a bigger loss than some fans might realize..........

37Bergenov14

Jul 14, 2016
Well it can change how you approach the draft and free agency . Just like not knowing what Krecji was doing until after the draft and free agency signings, it might seem insignificant and it might be when all is said and done , but I think it gives the team a better approach when you know what you have. I also think Lauzon is a bigger loss than some fans might realize..........
Fair point! Though, I guess in the same vein they may have though it was better to hold the assets until they have a better idea prospect-wise of what they have coming out of the draft. Oh well, on we go I guess!

Reactions: Hookslide

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
Nathan Beaulieu. 28 years old, 6'2, will drop the gloves, serviceable physical bottom pairing guy that can spot duty on the 2nd paring in a pinch, if needed, but definitely not a top 4 guy. plays both right and left side. Played a lot in WPG's top 4 the last 2 years, which isn't saying much. Was on the top pair with Morrisey last year on the right hand side until season ending injury, but should be good to go once camp opens up. 1.25AAV 1 year left. 7th round pic or future considerations (free) would be the ask.
Beaulieu seems like a good fit for bruins.
If sens are moving brannstrom is there any interest? Or do you want a more established guy?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Not sure why the Bruins would add an unproven kid with Vaakaneinen and Zboril having got their feet wet last year and both worthy of continued investment.

Not sure why the Bruins would add a middling talent at LD when they have Gryz, Reilly and Forbort at LD, all of whom are clear NHL defensemen.

They aren't going to trade Reilly or Forbort who they literally just signed.

That leaves looking for an upgrade on Gryz (with Gryz on the way out, likely).

The Grzelcyk/McAvoy pairing had a 64% Corsi, 68% SF, 74% GF, 66% xGF, 64% SCF, etc, etc.
Gryz/Carlo was in the high 50s for all those metrics.

I know some people are on the "PLAYOFFS ARE DIFFERENT! GRYZ SMALL! SMALL BAD!" bandwagon right now... but those are very very good results... and the results in the playoffs for Gryz/McAvoy were still high 50s on everything!

So basically, for the Bruins to add a LD, it has to be someone GOOD.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Not sure why the Bruins would add an unproven kid with Vaakaneinen and Zboril having got their feet wet last year and both worthy of continued investment.

Not sure why the Bruins would add a middling talent at LD when they have Gryz, Reilly and Forbort at LD, all of whom are clear NHL defensemen.

They aren't going to trade Reilly or Forbort who they literally just signed.

That leaves looking for an upgrade on Gryz (with Gryz on the way out, likely).

The Grzelcyk/McAvoy pairing had a 64% Corsi, 68% SF, 74% GF, 66% xGF, 64% SCF, etc, etc.
Gryz/Carlo was in the high 50s for all those metrics.

I know some people are on the "PLAYOFFS ARE DIFFERENT! GRYZ SMALL! SMALL BAD!" bandwagon right now... but those are very very good results... and the results in the playoffs for Gryz/McAvoy were still high 50s on everything!

So basically, for the Bruins to add a LD, it has to be someone GOOD.
I don’t believe the Bruins need to add a LD right now, if anything wait until the deadline if a LD is needed.

Boston has plenty of LD’s coming up, I’d rather see Zboril, Vaakanainen, Ahcan or Wolff step into the lineup if an injury occurs.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don’t believe the Bruins need to add a LD right now, if anything wait until the deadline if a LD is needed.

Boston has plenty of LD’s coming up, I’d rather see Zboril, Vaakanainen, Ahcan or Wolff step into the lineup if an injury occurs.

I'd be more interested in adding a bottom pairing physical PK friendly RD that can share time with Clifton.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I'd be more interested in adding a bottom pairing physical PK friendly RD that can share time with Clifton.
I’m not sure if Tyler Lewington is a penalty kill type of defensemen but he does bring some physicality to the blueline, only problem is he tends to take bad penalties and should only be counted on for maybe a game or two as an injury replacement and not as a full-time player on Boston’s defense, but he is an RD option call up if an injury does occur.

Reactions: wintersej

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Beaulieu seems like a good fit for bruins.
If sens are moving brannstrom is there any interest? Or do you want a more established guy?
Just a late pick and the cap space my guy. Our back end is crowded with (arguably) 2 blue chippers already

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
He was pretty average last year when not hurt. He would be a decent 5 on a good team. Not a bad player but he had some rough games last year.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Zadorov and Schmidt were available for a 3rd. What kind of dman could they be looking for?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Grezlyck
Reilly
Forbort

Am I missing something? Isn’t their left side set?
Yes it is likely set.

There is a strong argument that many want to move Grzelyck+ for an upgrade. That said it would need to be an upgrade, and the + likely needs to be someone/thing of worth.

Bruins have Vaak/Zboril as 7/8 D right now, I think the depth is covered. If they acquire an LD it's gotta be for an upgrade. Otherwise I'd personally spend any of those assets towards a long term #2 C option.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Petterson is a quality NHL middle pairing D, but he isn't physical at all. Could be had for relatively cheap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad