Proposal: LD to Boston

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I’m of the opinion that the Bruins biggest need is a left shot D. Preferably one with some size. I don’t think Ekholm or Lindholm are realistic based off their teams wanting to keep them and what the Bs could offer up compared to other teams. Debrusk probably would be the offer. Anyone have a LD to offer up?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I would trade Dumoulin for the right price but nothing realistic on Boston does it for me. Debrusk isn’t enough.

Matheson or Pettersson could be had real cheap.

Pettersson for a 3rd or 4th. Matheson is better so maybe a 2nd for him

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I would trade Dumoulin for the right price but nothing realistic on Boston does it for me. Debrusk isn’t enough.

Matheson or Pettersson could be had real cheap.

Pettersson for a 3rd or 4th. Matheson is better so maybe a 2nd for him
Before last season ,you would be adding to get DeBrusk..............We will see how this all turns out.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Come on, the Bruins were willing to pay for OEL last year.

Were they? I see no evidence of that. Also - he was even worse this year so his value is actually lower than it was as evidenced by the huge amount of trash AZ had to absorb to get rid of him and the very good player they needed to include to get a 1st. He's one of the 5 most toxic assets in the sport.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Were they? I see no evidence of that. Also - he was even worse this year so his value is actually lower than it was as evidenced by the huge amount of trash AZ had to absorb to get rid of him and the very good player they needed to include to get a 1st. He's one of the 5 most toxic assets in the sport.

Were you paying attention last year for Free Agency?

Coyotes wanted more prospects and youth that the Bruins weren't comfortable paying.

As a Canucks fan, if the right offer came along, I would trade OEL, and OEL only wanted Vancouver or Boston.

37Bergenov14

Jul 14, 2016
Yeah that is how you should do your job use another pick on Lauzon when you should have been more creative and worked something out with Seattle not to draft him. But we are talking the Bruins management team here better known as team incompetent.....
Well they would've still had to give up an asset to "work something out", and we're not privy to what kind of ask there may have been. Not sure I see a significant difference between doing a deal before or after the draft, at least with the limited info we have.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Were you paying attention last year for Free Agency?

Coyotes wanted more prospects and youth that the Bruins weren't comfortable paying.

As a Canucks fan, if the right offer came along, I would trade OEL, and OEL only wanted Vancouver or Boston.

I was paying attention, Jak, but unsubstantiated rumors is not proving the point the OP was making. If I were a Canucks fan, I'd trade OEL for literally anything. He's a bad player on an AWFUL contract, even with the retention.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I was paying attention, Jak, but unsubstantiated rumors is not proving the point the OP was making. If I were a Canucks fan, I'd trade OEL for literally anything. He's a bad player on an AWFUL contract, even with the retention.
Since OEL is here signed on a long deal and Quinn will likely be here for a while the 3rd pairing has opened up. Juolevi is supposed to fill in the 3rd pairing slot because he’s older and will require waivers soon. But many Canucks fans speculate that Rathbone might be better than Juolevi.

This leaves the situation where one of Juolevi or Rathbone is probably out the door. Juolevi and Rathbone both had pretty good underlying numbers so these are players with some top 4 upside.

If Boston were to want a young LHD Vancouver might not be the worst place to look for one. The Canucks are looking for some RHD with some upside. I suspect they will want to make a lateral trade.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Since OEL is here signed on a long deal and Quinn will likely be here for a while the 3rd pairing has opened up. Juolevi is supposed to fill in the 3rd pairing slot because he’s older and will require waivers soon. But many Canucks fans speculate that Rathbone might be better than Juolevi.

This leaves the situation where one of Juolevi or Rathbone is probably out the door. Juolevi and Rathbone both had pretty good underlying numbers so these are players with some top 4 upside.

If Boston were to want a young LHD Vancouver might not be the worst place to look for one. The Canucks are looking for some RHD with some upside. I suspect they will want to make a lateral trade.

I don't actually think Don Sweeney is looking for a LHD but if he were, i'd be surprised if it were for a young guy. They have Gryz, Reilly and Forbert down the left side at $3+mil each for 3 more years. Those guys have spots unless there's a significant upgrade on them coming in. I get the sense that Sweeney is all set with his D (I'm kinda with him).

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015

What are Vancouver's needs for a player like Juolevi? Boston doesn't have a lot of high end assests. A DeBrusk for Juolevi swap might be beneficial for both sides but I don't know that he's an attractive enough piece and if he fills any needs for the Nucks.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
What are Vancouver's needs for a player like Juolevi? Boston doesn't have a lot of high end assests. A DeBrusk for Juolevi swap might be beneficial for both sides but I don't know that he's an attractive enough piece and if he fills any needs for the Nucks.
I don't see a trade for DeBrusk to be made. The Canucks will be spending quite a lot of money and DeBrusk is in need of a contract. The need is a RHD of similar potential.

My guess, is that one of Juolevi or Rathbone will be out the door for pretty good value. Jim isn't the best negotiator. But that's my speculation.

Reactions: Skelen

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
The Bruins didn't sign Forbort to be a $3 million healthy scratch. I think the ship has unfortunately sailed on the Bruins adding another LHD at this point.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Nathan Beaulieu. 28 years old, 6'2, will drop the gloves, serviceable physical bottom pairing guy that can spot duty on the 2nd paring in a pinch, if needed, but definitely not a top 4 guy. plays both right and left side. Played a lot in WPG's top 4 the last 2 years, which isn't saying much. Was on the top pair with Morrisey last year on the right hand side until season ending injury, but should be good to go once camp opens up. 1.25AAV 1 year left. 7th round pic or future considerations (free) would be the ask.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad