LD Samuel Knazko - Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL (2020, 78th, CBJ)

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He is still very young. Only 16 years old. Dont forget, he plays Finnish U20 league. Not U18.
I agree. He is best among the U17 D-men in Finnish U20 league. The question is what is the current quality of U17 Finnish players. The last results on the international tournaments were simply not good enough..

JoukoPouko

I agree. But there is Finnish players at his age already playing in Liiga! Lundell for example.
Lundell is 10 months older than Knazko.

I've liked Knazko in the games I've watched. Obviously he still needs to take another step next season but his 16-year-old season has been very impressive. Sometimes players just don't take that next step, so we'll see what happens next season.

Reactions: lostinwarsaw

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Lundell is 10 months older than Knazko.

I've liked Knazko in the games I've watched. Obviously he still needs to take another step next season but his 16-year-old season has been very impressive. Sometimes players just don't take that next step, so we'll see what happens next season.
Oh ok thanks for clarification I thought lundell was an 02!

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Too young, can't think of many defensemen that would have got the opportunity beyond a few appearances.

Chara-3

May 7, 2007
I liked him today. Decent performance given he's only 17, kind of reminds Sekera. He'll be dominant for us the next year, and year after. I can see him drafted in 3-4th round.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Really encouraging words

Yes, indeed. As for his performance at WJC so far, Knazko's play in D zone is sometimes kinda chaotic, sometimes loses a puck or falls down on ice (maybe 3 times against SUI). His offensive contribution is invaluable though. His puck moving skills are at high level, but I wouldn't say his speed is near elite. Play and upside comparison: Sekera.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Yes, indeed. As for his performance at WJC so far, Knazko's play in D zone is sometimes kinda chaotic, sometimes loses a puck or falls down on ice (maybe 3 times against SUI). His offensive contribution is invaluable though. His puck moving skills are at high level, but I wouldn't say his speed is near elite. Play and upside comparison: Sekera.
His talent is undeniable, but he sometimes makes dumb mistakes. Probably has problems with making decisions under pressure.
The article says that his shot is his biggest weapon, I thought it was his biggest weakness

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Let’s remember this is his first WJC, he now has 2 more ahead of him. To me, Fehervary looked quite unimpressive when he wore the cage. He scored against Americans but made similar mistakes as Knazko and he was playing alongside Cernak. I actually think Stacha played better than Knazko today. The important thing is imagine in 2022 wjc if we have Stacha, Knazko, Fatul and Nemec plus other depth development.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
This WJC doesn't pump up his draft chances. I think, he had way more bad moments as the goodies. But he is still a good prospect.

Another but... He must move from Finish junior league. I can think, that if he will be drafted, his NHL team will push him to WHL, where he was drafted.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
This WJC doesn't pump up his draft chances. I think, he had way more bad moments as the goodies. But he is still a good prospect.

Another but... He must move from Finish junior league. I can think, that if he will be drafted, his NHL team will push him to WHL, where he was drafted.

He will probably play in Liiga or hosted in Mestis next season. I think WHL would be a step backwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad