LD Max Gildon - USNTDP, USHL (2017 Draft)

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
A little early to make a thread about this guy but is looking like the top defense man going into the draft so far. Already 6"2 does anyone have info on him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
he is up to 6'4 now according to what I just saw, and over 180lbs...kid is going to be a special special player. just a massive wingspan, complete control of the game, and his speed and vision are lights out for a player this raw and of this size. I have been very impressed with Max the past 2 seasons, but if he does go to the USNDP, they will land yet another superstar defenseman. He has the chance to be a top 5 pick that's how good he can be.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
Wait a second. The kid has not played a single game of junior hockey. Yes, he is big but the hockey in Texas was probably not the highest caliber.

Playing for NTDP will certainly bring up his game and he will play with and against better players than he has in Texas.

I would not be saying this if had been coming from Minnesota or Michigan. But he needs to prove himself in juniors.

dwanmaster*

Wait a second. The kid has not played a single game of junior hockey. Yes, he is big but the hockey in Texas was probably not the highest caliber.

Playing for NTDP will certainly bring up his game and he will play with and against better players than he has in Texas.

I would not be saying this if had been coming from Minnesota or Michigan. But he needs to prove himself in juniors.

Why don't you go look up the locations of the teams in the T1EHL

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH

You do realize he doesn't play many games against teams in Texas. The team he is on plays the whole season against some of the top Midget AAA teams across the entire country.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
this kid is going to be a household name for sure, I have seen a lot of players play young and develop and this kid is a step ahead of most i have seen...IMO better than Seth Jones at the same age.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
How does Max Gildon compare to top 2000 born defenseman Body Wilde?

Bode Wilde and Max Gildon are fairly similar, I think Max being a year older is a bit more built right now; Bode has a little bit better of a shot selection, great skating ability like Max but potentially even more room for growth than Max there. Max played U16 as a bantam where Bode played bantam so Max's game adjusted to a higher level very fast, whereas Bode was able to do a ton of things at the bantam level as necessary. They are both 'best-in-age-group' quality players for their position in my opinion.

If you're playing T1EHL, it's not really 'hockey in Texas', it's hockey all over the country, and he played it as a bantam (14/15), many times against as good 16-and-17 year old players as you will find in any league nationally. Seth Jones came up with the Dallas Stars program playing up as well prior to NTDP.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He used to be talked about as a potential top 5 pick but this season haven't heard much about him at all.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Like Jake Gardiner :sarcasm:

Is Gardiner really that bad? Seems okay to me, although didn't live up to the hype.

Wisconsin has produced some crazy good defenseman though. They know what they are doing with recruiting and development, so thats a bonus when evaluating Gildon.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
His scoring is a bit worrisome at that level though hard to see how much ice time he's getting.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Sounds like he is no longer committed to wisconsin. CHL bound?

hmmm interesting. I believe his junior rights are held by Vancouver Giants but id be shocked if he decided to go there seeing that the Giants are a lower team in the WHL this year

also, where did you hear this? I cant seem to find any info

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
People saw it on the NTDP website and now it's confirmed on twitter.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Im curious what will happen now. He was going to be an extremely high pick in WHL draft a few years ago but teams were scared to take him high due to him wanting NCAA.
Vancouver Giants decided to take a chance in the 3rd round with him... maybe it pays off now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad