LD Mason Lohrei - Ohio State Univ., NCAA (2020, 58th, BOS)

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Mason is the first NHL player born in Louisiana.

1699019641902.png

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Looked fantastic against the Leafs. It's a crowded year, but I could definitely see him in the top 5 for the Calder if he can sustain the type of play he had in his first game.
Might not be fair, but I can't see him putting up the points it would take to be noticed in that conversation.

Reactions: wintersej

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Might not be fair, but I can't see him putting up the points it would take to be noticed in that conversation.
Definitely a possibility, but if either McAvoy or Lindholm miss any time this year, I figure he'll get plenty of offensive opportunities.

Either way, he'll get way more national coverage if he's playing 20+ minutes a game on a big market team that will finish around the top of their division than someone like Faber or Cooley.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
It'd be interesting to see what happens when the Bruins get their injured players back.

Unfortunately for contract reasons, I would assume Lohrei will be sent back to the AHL when that happens.

Would be cool to see Boston make a deal though to open up a roster spot for him. I always love seeing a young player force management to create a spot for them due to showing they belong in the league when they excel at their chance they are given

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He is one of seven rookie defensemen who are all tied with one goal each and he has only played 3 games. There is a strong possibility that he will be sent to the AHL when McAvoy, Grzelcyk, and Forbort make their return. Later in the year, the team might consider making a deal to open up some cap and he could return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad