LD Mason Lohrei - Ohio State Univ., NCAA (2020, 58th, BOS)

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
It's not uncommon for non-elite prospects to play until their 19-20 season in USHL/BCHL before matriculating, especially if they played Prep during their High School years. A lot of the time it'll help them get a scholarship at a school that they would have had trouble cracking the roster on as an 18 year old, like a hockey east or big 10 school rather than an atlantic hockey school.
Thanks - makes sense.

Reactions: Preposterone

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Lol, what is wrong with me? Nice personal attack
champ.

Post #7, which is yours, clearly states Boston hasn't
done better on average than anyone else.
Bergeron and Krejci alone prove you wrong.
Add Carlo, Lauzon and Studnicka and the only person with something "wrong" with them is you.

I'm done with you boy.
Of course you are done. ✅

Nobody is agreeing with you.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
So far this season.

Leads his team in goals (9) assists (15) points (24), ppg (1.50), gwg (5), overtime goals (1)
2nd in penalty minutes (31), +/- (+10), pp assists (8)
3rd in pp goals (2)
5th in shots on goal (42)

is 4th in USHL scoring
is 6th in ppg
is 7th in goals
is 12th in +/-

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
You have an interesting definition of “star”.
I’m a Bruins fan and have never seen a teams board more biased for their prospects. There are still so many posters who are defending Senyshyn and similar busts. And I swear at least 90% of the posters think Studnicka is going to be a top line player. I feel like I’m missing something but every time I see him I see a guy who tops out as a 3rd line centre at best. I guess I like the optimism but I prefer to be realistic.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I’m a Bruins fan and have never seen a teams board more biased for their prospects. There are still so many posters who are defending Senyshyn and similar busts. And I swear at least 90% of the posters think Studnicka is going to be a top line player. I feel like I’m missing something but every time I see him I see a guy who tops out as a 3rd line centre at best. I guess I like the optimism but I prefer to be realistic.

Prospects are like 1st dates (or maybe 2nd ones where you know now you actually like the person). All you see is the optimism of a wonderful future with this person. Nobody pictures their 2nd date burping, lying, cheating, stealing, picking their nose etc. It takes time to learn the person's annoying habits. Most 2nd dates don't lead to a neverending relationship of perfection, rather they just fall to the side until the next one to come along.

Same with prospects.

Reactions: Pia8988

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Is he legit?
How much does he play?

Leads Green Bay Gamblers in goals, assists and points, now with 40 points in 31 games, with +16 +/-.

GBG d-men scoring this season

1. Mason Lohrei 13+27=40 (31 games)
2. Dylan Abbott 0+9=9 (31 games)
3. Damian Carmanga 0+8=8 (31 games)
4. Victor Mancini 2+5=7 (13 games)
5. Jarod Crespo 2+5=7 (24 games)
6. Owen Murray 2+4=6 (15 games)
7. Xan Gourney 1+2=3 (27 games)
8. Michael Ferrandino 0+2 (10 games)
9. Cade Penney 0+2 (14 games)
10. Tyler DesRochers 0+1 (24 games)

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Lol, what is wrong with me? Nice personal attack
champ.

Post #7, which is yours, clearly states Boston hasn't
done better on average than anyone else.
Bergeron and Krejci alone prove you wrong.
Add Carlo, Lauzon and Studnicka and the only person with something "wrong" with them is you.

I'm done with you boy.

lol since the beginning of time id have to look at bostons 2nd round performance but the relative info for me would be this current management group. And so far one nhler in 6 years with another that looks more like a 7th dman. Everyone else in round 2 cant play

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
lol since the beginning of time id have to look at bostons 2nd round performance but the relative info for me would be this current management group. And so far one nhler in 6 years with another that looks more like a 7th dman. Everyone else in round 2 cant play
This management group can’t draft when it’s obvious who they should take. The 2015 blunder is the worst drafting by any GM ever and that’s not an exaggeration. A 2 year old could have done better.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
19 points in 20 games. He’s the age of a junior, so that he’s a freshman doesn’t really matter, but that’d be good for a junior NHL prospect.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Went to the OSU-Wisconsin game last night and as a CBJ fan I was excited to see Ceulemans play live . He showed well with two goals but the guy I came away in awe of (again as I've seen him a few times live this year) is Lohrei.

I know he's a few years older but damn this dude was everywhere. Great hockey IQ, tremendous hands/vision, moves excellent for his size. Doesn't surprise me that he has 27 points in 29 games. Seems like a steal for Boston.

Last edited:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He's a late bloomer like Ronnie Attard. Excellent pick and prospect. Not everyone is going to be a standout at 17/18 but the Bruins and Flyers did a great job snagging high end potential outside the first rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad