• Djoos Christian

• Nardella Bobby

• Johansen Lucas

• Alexeyev Alexander

• Fehérváry Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Obviously Bobby Nardella, writing’s on the wall at this point.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'd like to see how Kempny does before I buy this proclamation. Maybe Kempny is gone and Dillon stays.

Maybe. The Caps have brought in rentals that they have decided to keep. If they keep Dillon they will only need one of their long term LD for the forseeable future. Fehervary will be reduced to a 3rd pair player, Siegenthaler will be done and there will be no room for AA. Fehervery and Siegenthaler combined leave enough cap space for another player.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Just get something for LuJo. He’s still got first rd draft grade luster so a gm somewhere will over pay believing he’s in need of the right environment

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Lujo and Juice are the obvious choices.

I hope they don't bail on Kempny yet. It's worth the gamble to see if he can get back to his pre-injury level this off-season. If he does, he will continue to over perform his cap hit.

Reactions: Midnight Judges

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Just get something for LuJo. He’s still got first rd draft grade luster so a gm somewhere will over pay believing he’s in need of the right environment

2016 isn’t that recent or a draft anymore. It’s the Auston Matthews and Patrik Laine draft. Only 4 members of the 2016 1st round haven’t played an NHL game yet. Scouts and GMs have pretty much formed their opinions of these players by now.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Just letting LuJo walk would be bad asset management. Move him for another struggling prospect in another organization. I’m sure there’s plenty of them out there.

Djoos probably moves on next year to find some NHL playing time. He should be in the NHL, even if it’s just a rotation guy

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Salary cap says that both are going. If they keep one. there will need to be a change in the salary cap plan
Not really. Running the quick math, if he shows well enough they should be able to keep him due to the rise of the cap and Gudas/Holtby walking. The main issue would probably be term and expansion considerations but if he can become a younger Orpik for them then they're going to try to make room for him. They'd still have roughly another $4.75M or so to spend if they can maybe budge on term to keep the AAV more reasonable and spend the rest on a 1a/b goalie and perhaps depth upgrades. It's doable. I don't think anyone really knows The Plan, even them with absolute certainty. There's still plenty to resolve in the meantime.

Kempny, Jensen & Panik are officially on the bubble, both heading into the deadline and into the off-season barring fantastic performance. It's where there's room to cut further if need be, barring something like 13/92 falling off and becoming a problem. The main issue is perhaps relying on Orlov at 2RD being workable. There's more certainly at LD and I'm not one to complicate the game for him. They still need a 2RD that structures the top four more ideally. From there they can just piece together 5-7 IMO whether that's Siegs, Fever, AA or some cheaper depth projects. That's probably not doable without subtracting one, if not two, of those three bubble players but it should be their near-term priority I think. That could then open the door to moving AA or MF potentially but there's no rush and both can play their off side.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I was just looking at the surface on the cap. I could be wrong. The dynamic I am interested in is after roundly bashing Reirden for using two rd together, seeing the option of using two LD together being so much more popular. Whats the common element?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I was just looking at the surface on the cap. I could be wrong. The dynamic I am interested in is after roundly bashing Reirden for using two rd together, seeing the option of using two LD together being so much more popular. Whats the common element?
Left shooting defensemen are much more common than right shooting, and many LD have experience at RD as a result. Orlov broke into the league as a RD, and actually had to adjust and learn LD in Hershey before he could secure his NHL roster spot. Fehervary, Djoos, and Nardella have all spent considerable time at RD in Hershey (and in the NHL as well in Djoos’ case).

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Left shooting defensemen are much more common than right shooting, and many LD have experience at RD as a result. Orlov broke into the league as a RD, and actually had to adjust and learn LD in Hershey before he could secure his NHL roster spot. Fehervary, Djoos, and Nardella have all spent considerable time at RD in Hershey (and in the NHL as well in Djoos’ case).

I know this. My point still stands. Its interesting to me.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I know this. My point still stands. Its interesting to me.
It’s interesting to you that throwing a player into a position they have no experience in during the playoffs received worse than using a player in a position they have experience in?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
No boss. Its the Jensen angle.

Your suggestion rings a little hollow when you consider who Dillon has successfully partnered with in his career.

the guy is better, the end.

Is there some irrational Jensen dislike....not from me, but I’m sure from some yes, but the valid underlying reason is it’s a better hockey move. Still....I hope he partners with JC 74 ultimately on the way to Cup #2. Should be a great top pair.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Depending on how Dillon plays, then Kempny goes. Djoos and LuJo should go regardless as AA and MF have passed them on the depth charts ages ago. Then, we should have nice competition between Siegs, Alexeyev, and Fehervary for the rest of the roster spots and loser of the competition gets traded.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

This was always interesting to me in that you would figure the opposite should be true. There should be more right shooting defenders than LD since righties make up most of the human population.

I started watching hockey later in life, but I grew up playing some lacrosse, and although you have to learn how to switch hands and sides constantly, the dominant side is always your natural handedness.

Couldnt even imagine going "goofy" as your main side, which I know hockey players do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad