LD Libor Hajek (2016, 37th, TBL; traded to NYR)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They did the same with Andersson. Neither was playing well at the time of their call up, but it seemed like they planned on calling them up, and their play didn’t matter. Andersson has struggled since his NHL recall. I’d expect the same for Hajek.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
They did the same with Andersson. Neither was playing well at the time of their call up, but it seemed like they planned on calling them up, and their play didn’t matter. Andersson has struggled since his NHL recall. I’d expect the same for Hajek.
You've been watching recently? He's been pretty decent since the call-up. Certainly a lot better then his 2nd stint in the AHL

Reactions: Miamipuck and Lays

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Adam Herman is awful and I’d take anything he says with a grain of salt. Hajek hasn’t been perfect defensively obviously there has been growing pains but PB made it sound much worse than it actually is. Hajek’s fine, he’s not lighting up his respective league like some other hyped Ranger prospects but he’ll come around. He hasn’t been CLOSE to awful defensively and anyone who says that has likely watched 1/2 bad games and decided to make their judgement on that
I don't know if this can be overstated. The dude on the street corner who has on his tinfoil hat to protect the government from controlling his thoughts would probably offer more astute analysis than Herman.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You've been watching recently? He's been pretty decent since the call-up. Certainly a lot better then his 2nd stint in the AHL

1 secondary assist in four games. He’s been one of the worst forwards each game. The NHL game is too quick for him offensively. He can keep up defensively, but it’s evident that he needs to improve his skating a lot to ever be more than a low-end third line center.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
1 secondary assist in four games. He’s been one of the worst forwards each game. The NHL game is too quick for him offensively. He can keep up defensively, but it’s evident that he needs to improve his skating a lot to ever be more than a low-end third line center.
Again have you watched Ranger games recently outside of looking at point totals? He certainly has not been one of our worst forwards, eye test and advanced stat wise him and his line have been good

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
:huh:
He’s been pretty good but ok

Reactions: Rangers743

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Pronman said in his q&a that Hajek looked good when he watched. So clearly not everyone thinks he has been bad.

He did also say that Hajek wasn’t NHL ready which I agree with.

Reactions: Lays

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Eh say what you want about Adam but he watches a lot of Ahl games.

Not really. He watches maybe one Wolfpack game a month and then posts gifs of it.

He's a know it all, has an answer or smarta** remark to everything. Never can just admit he is wrong, and honestly probably believes that if he was an NHL GM or coach he would go 82-0.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pronman said in his q&a that Hajek looked good when he watched. So clearly not everyone thinks he has been bad.

He did also say that Hajek wasn’t NHL ready which I agree with.

I think you misinterpreted that comment. He said he looked good in the game he was at recently. He didn't say he's having a good season.

Pronman also is responsible to track the prospects of 31 teams and non-drafted players, so he doesn't watch that much of any given team. His job also isn't to keep track of which players are having good seasons and which aren't. His job is to assess how certain players project to the NHL, and its a lot different doing that than deciding if certain players are having good or bad seasons.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hajek is almost certainly done for the season with a separated shoulder.

He's done well since being called up. It might speak to how much of a disaster the AHL team is that Hajek is doing well in the NHL, but struggled in the AHL with less structure around him. The NHL team isn't the most structured and talented team either, but he's looked like one of the best defensemen since being called up.

Reactions: bl02

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I put the blame almost entirely on the team instead of the player, but Hajek has no business in the NHL. He's been about as bad as Staal has been, and thats saying something. His decision making is calamitous. He makes some of the stupidest decisions you'll see a player in this league make. He should've never started the season in the NHL. He started ahead of Lindgren on the depth chart, but I think Lindgren has forced his way already into a higher spot than Hajek. He skates well and can show some good physical play, but his hockey IQ at this level is severely lacking, he struggles moving the puck and his positional play is spotty, at best.

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
I put the blame almost entirely on the team instead of the player, but Hajek has no business in the NHL. He's been about as bad as Staal has been, and thats saying something. His decision making is calamitous. He makes some of the stupidest decisions you'll see a player in this league make. He should've never started the season in the NHL. He started ahead of Lindgren on the depth chart, but I think Lindgren has forced his way already into a higher spot than Hajek. He skates well and can show some good physical play, but his hockey IQ at this level is severely lacking, he struggles moving the puck and his positional play is spotty, at best.

Don't disagree. Now that Hartford isn't a complete disaster, I would have no issue with him developing down there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad