LD Keith McInnis - Waterloo Black Hawks, USHL (2024 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Big, athletic good skating defender from Western Canada that plans to play in the USHL. Good at taking away time and space from opposing forwards with his mobility. Very good stick, and is a very well rounded player in general.

USHL Rights: Waterloo Black Hawks
USHL Draft: Tender Taken

WHL Rights: Red Deer Rebels
WHL Draft: Red Deer Rebels (R5, 2021 #91 Overall)

NCAA Commitment: North Dakota

Last edited:
Reactions: BKarchitect

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Is he our due to injury? Only four games played and no stats that he's playing elsewhere.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
left Waterloo to go to Brooks, hasn't been good this year from a numbers look. Not sure if he was going to the AJHL that he wouldn't go to his local team in Blackfalds who are also good and would get more ice time but ego most likely had him choose Brooks.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
left Waterloo to go to Brooks, hasn't been good this year from a numbers look. Not sure if he was going to the AJHL that he wouldn't go to his local team in Blackfalds who are also good and would get more ice time but ego most likely had him choose Brooks.
Interesting news. Surprising, but not shocking. My understanding is McInnis was highly regarded coming into the USHL; he was tendered after all. I wasn't too impressed with his game when I watched Waterloo. Fairly vanilla player for me. Didn't show a ton offensively and wasn't getting powerplay time. Had poor puck management. Got walked a few times off the rush. Thought it was questionable if he'd be drafted. This move probably doesn't help that unless he crushes it in Brooks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad