LD Artyom Duda - Toronto Metro Univ., USports (2022, 36th, ARI)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
13 points in 18 games, and he’s not an offensive defenseman either. I find that his defensive game is stronger than his offensive game. Could he push for top two rounds?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
13 points in 18 games, and he’s not an offensive defenseman either. I find that his defensive game is stronger than his offensive game. Could he push for top two rounds?

He always got very solid offensive potential, so not easy to say which of his sides is stronger, especially after that kind of start of the season. If he continues like that I wouldn't be surprised at all about the top two draft rounds at the end of the day. At least currently I view him as a legit candidate for that.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Very simple type of defensive defenseman. Doesn't do a lot noticeable, but he's trusted by coaches and played as an under-ager at the WJC18 last season. There isn't a lot to critique, although he's not going to get big accolades. I think he's probably a mid-round pick in the upcoming draft.

Artyom Duda at eliteprospects.com

Defensive defenseman is almost PPG in the MHL in his draft season. He's 10+19 after 32 games and 10th in scoring in the entire league, playing almost 22 min/game.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
That's just insane. From the games I saw, I'd agree with that notion and say he is somewhat passive as a defender and far less physical than Barabosha the other draft eligible D on their team, worth mentioning that Duda got 22:00 a game this year and Barabosha only 15:00.

Duda might be worse defensively too, but I still have him ranked slightly higher than Barabosha, both in the second round. Duda has 18 hits total but 109 blocked shots across those 95 MHL games according to KHL website. Barabosha has 64 hits 106 blocked shots in 65 total games in MHL. Keep in mind though includes last year with different TOI/situations. Barabosha played only 170 minutes total last season.

From my viewings I'd think Duda is a safe early second, Barabosha should probably be a late second. I like both. Dolzhenkov is an intriguing one too.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He had the best u18 D production in MHL history this season, from where I can see. Additionally, he seemed to outscore the next best D (of any age) by DOUBLE in the playoffs.

Is he under contract next season?

Any CHL team own his rights?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad