LD Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th, MTL)

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I don't see how he could have been a bad pick for a second rounder. He is in the KHL as an 18 year old. If there is a player able to play minutes in one of the best leagues in the world (and show signs of high offensive talent) right after his draft, I would draft him high too.
The high offensive talent is the only part that's up in the air I would say.
But his ability to transition from defense to offense is impressive, even against first-rate competition. He's clearly very gifted physically.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He definately has the tools but for some reason his production have not matched his abilities yet.

It will be interesting to follow his progress.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I don't see how he could have been a bad pick for a second rounder. He is in the KHL as an 18 year old. If there is a player able to play minutes in one of the best leagues in the world (and show signs of high offensive talent) right after his draft, I would draft him high too.

He wasn't in the KHL when we drafted him. He was just a MHL player with 14 points in 37 games.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
He wasn't in the KHL when we drafted him. He was just a MHL player with 14 points in 37 games.

Being in the KHL now is impressive.

We see 18 year olds in the AHL and they really struggle unless we are talking about guys who are sure fire blue chip talents.

The KHL is a better league. Any contributions there have to be seen as a positive for an 18 year old.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Who is his NHL comparable anyways? I keep hearing he's good but not specifically what he's doing that's good. Is he a two-way D or more of just an offensive D?

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Who is his NHL comparable anyways? I keep hearing he's good but not specifically what he's doing that's good. Is he a two-way D or more of just an offensive D?
I'm too young to remember him, but maybe something along the lines of Darius Kasparitus? Small, but hard-hitting, good skater, much less vicious though.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad