LD Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th, MTL)

habbyboolin

Sep 14, 2018
Montréal
Really think he can be a minute munching top pairing guy. Won't put up more than maybe 30 points but he is an absolute rock back there.
Yeah not seeing a lot of vision but he has enough to produce points at even strength. Don't know if he's really a PP type player but he had 2 assists there today so what do I know. Defensive side of game is really quality though.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
He is too good for this tournament. Not sure why he is on the 2nd unit PP tho for Russia instead of PP1.

He reminds me a mix of Josi with Kronwall

Reactions: Gravity

habbyboolin

Sep 14, 2018
Montréal
He is too good for this tournament. Not sure why he is on the 2nd unit PP tho for Russia instead of PP1.

He reminds me a mix of Josi with Kronwall
Both units are used the same amount, sometimes one unit starts the PP, sometimes the other does. I’d say his unit has been much more effective.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
His defensive game and transition pmd style is off the charts for a young 19 year old. I see his now ppg in the whjc but producing points is bonus. If he can improve he passing / vision he will be dynamic.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I’m much more optimistic about his offensive upside than most. He moves the puck well and skilled forwards will benefit from/capitalize on that. A guy like Petry racks most of his points in a similar manner. Romo also has a cannon and that should only improve over time.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I’m much more optimistic about his offensive upside than most. He moves the puck well and skilled forwards will benefit from/capitalize on that. A guy like Petry racks most of his points in a similar manner. Romo also has a cannon and that should only improve over time.

Where he is weakest is on the PP. he doesn’t have offensive instincts/ vision to create offensive opportunities. He just winds up and blasts it (like Weber). He is too predictable and needs to develop some creativity to maximize his offensive potential.

but i agree with the Petry comparison. He’s a hybrid of Petry / Kronwall with some Kasparitis shit disturbing on top.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
What a steal that was from Timmins. It's my belief that last year's 2nd round pick, Struble, a physical beast defenseman and great skater, is also a steal. Two strong defensemen stolen. We shall see if I'm right within 6 years.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
The ONLY thing lacking about this kid is deception in the Ozone, he does great pass and the right ones at the right time but the way he does them are a little obvious! Working on head fakes would just drastically change his offensive game!

He could end up being a new era support top pair Dman.

Reactions: Canadienna

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Romanov has top ten NHL defenseman written on his back and......Bbinz better not trade him unless that player has Lafreniere written on his back.

Chances are both playets are stars with some potential of superstars.

Why would i trade him? I'm concerned he will get a boatload of money thrown at him by the KHL. He is from KHL hockey royalty.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
guy seems to be a solid skater, has a strong physical presence, and looks like he's a strong defender but watching him, his vision,creativity and offensive tools seem underwhelming and leave alot to desired.

Should still develop into a dependable top 4 defensemen which would be huge for the habs.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
His defensive game and transition pmd style is off the charts for a young 19 year old. I see his now ppg in the whjc but producing points is bonus. If he can improve he passing / vision he will be dynamic.
He already has very good passing skills, thats sharp and accurate, always on the tape... Vision I agree with, its not bad at all but not elite...

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
Romanov has top ten NHL defenseman written on his back and......Bbinz better not trade him unless that player has Lafreniere written on his back.

Chances are both playets are stars with some potential of superstars.

Why would i trade him? I'm concerned he will get a boatload of money thrown at him by the KHL. He is from KHL hockey royalty.
LMAO no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad