LD Albert Johansson (2019, 60th, DET)

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
He is.

I know the knock on Johansson is size, but his father and 2 brothers who play in Sweden are all 6'2"+. This kid has tremendous upside. I'd like to see him running the PP on his SHL team this year. His passing and skating skills are phenomenal.

Agree that it would be nice to see him running Färjestad´s PP, but with both Jesse Virtanen and Jonathon Blum in the line-up it´s going to be a battle to get PP time. I wouldn´t mind seeing Albert outplay them both though.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Looks to have great tools, going to be an interesting prospect to track going forward

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

Burke says Johansson is Detroit's third-best prospect after Raymond and Seider. Says he has the potential to be a core piece. He also says Hakan told him people are going to be laughing in a few years about the Wings being able to draft Niederbach in the second round.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
he's looked a lot better than at the wjrs, still needs to add muscle.

That whole team was a mess at the world juniors, especially the defense. I wouldnt read too much into anything that went on there. At one point they had a media guy running practice I believe due to all the covid issues with the coaches

Reactions: Sparty

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
The kid is also tied with his father for 7th most points by an under 20 defenseman in SHL history.

10 points in his last 11 games and has been a totally changed player since the WJC defeat.

Reactions: slumpy43

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Johansson scored a nice goal today. He's taken a lot of steps this year and looks really good. Detroit's prospect pool on defense is starting to look pretty promising...

11 points in the last 12 games. Tied for 6th most points in a season by an under 20 SHL defender with former Swedish great, Freddy Olausson.
3 more points to tying Victor Hedman for 4th.

Last edited:
Reactions: LazyT

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan

Burke says Johansson is Detroit's third-best prospect after Raymond and Seider. Says he has the potential to be a core piece. He also says Hakan told him people are going to be laughing in a few years about the Wings being able to draft Niederbach in the second round.

I know this is a while ago but I couldn't agree more. I seriously think between Johansson and Niederbach we are going to make teams look extremely foolish in retrospect. Both have been having pretty good seasons, with Johansson being an absolute heater since the WJC and Niederbach making the jump up to the SHL.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad