News Article: Laz: Delia the forgotten man, stuck & not happy but not bitter

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I think they know them, I doubt they read their stuff quite like we do. I know if I was in the NHL, I wouldn't be opening the Athletic or Tribune every morning to see what the beat reporters are saying about me or others.

De Haan and even Lehner have tweeted at beat reporters, players now more than ever seem to have a pulse on what is being said about them

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think they know them, I doubt they read their stuff quite like we do. I know if I was in the NHL, I wouldn't be opening the Athletic or Tribune every morning to see what the beat reporters are saying about me or others.

I can see that, but these guys are also aware of the questions and story requests that come from the beat guys.

IMO, Delia has been around this organization long enough to know that Laz will jump on anything that’s not ultra positive and “we, we, we.” Of all the beat guys, he’s the one that’s most likely to amplify those comments.

I don’t really think it’s a controversial story though, but I do think that Delia should’ve known what saying those things to Laz would become.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Personally, I think it's never a good idea to voice problems with the coaching, organization, or their decisions, to the media. It just creates a rift. I don't think anyone in the Blackhawks organization, including many of his teammates, are happy with this article.
THIS

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I don’t know Delia so it’s hard to really say where he was coming from with this. If he sought Laz out to complain, yea it was stupid for an unestablished twenty six year old to bring any attention to himself. If it was an off the cuff comment from a guy who’s not even playing in the A and isn’t really getting an opportunity to show improvement because all he’s doing is being the practice goalie and he’s frustrated it’s more understandable.

I don’t really care because I don’t think Delia is that good. He’s a fine AHL/emergency goalie. I don’t see him with much of an NHL future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad